Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Christmas in... June?



When one is part of a Christmas card challenge, one makes Christmas cards all year. And if, like me, you like to send family and friends Christmas cards you've made (in December, not now, obviously), this is a good thing! However, also like me, you may find yourself less motivated to be jolly, by golly in summer than in say, November. So let me show you my current inspiration card for Muse: ChristmasVisions, and then give you my soon-to-be patented tips for making Christmas cards when the festive season is far from your mind...



  1. Save the red and green for later. It doesn't feel quite so Christmasy when using blues, as I did here, or even less-traditional colours. 
  2. Head to your favourite places for some extra inspiration. I went to my Christmas board on Pinterest, and just for fun, scrolled right to the bottom of my pins, where I found this card posted way back in 2012. (I guess this means, if you decide to be inspired by my card, you will be CASEing a CASE. I think that's allowed. :D) 
  3. This is a good time of year to make more time-consuming cards - try some techniques, do things that may require drying time, etc. There's not always the luxury of that time commitment closer to December. Obviously I didn't do that here, and that's okay too. :) 
  4. You might even, like me, choose to go with a seasonal but not in-your-face sentiment, as I did here. 
  5. Anything you like to do that *finishes* your card, do it now! Because when you come to use it in a few months, you will be thrilled that it is ready for use. With Christmas cards, I almost always put an inside sentiment and some small decoration on the envelope, so did these things, too. 
Now you too can make summertime Christmas cards without suddenly craving eggnog and your favourite carols. You're welcome! :P 

Supplies: Bienfang bristol, Echo Park Winter Wishes patterned paper, Technique Tuesday Jingle All the Way stamp, Altenew Sapphire & tumbled glass distress inks, Paper Smooches Borders 1, Nellie's Multi Frames rectangle & Winnie & Walter Katharine Cutaway dies, foam tape


Pin It Now!

3 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous! Avoid the Christmas post... Send the cards now!, Jo x

Jacquie Southas said...

This is beautiful! Love the soft blues in the patterned papers.

Barbara Godden said...

Gorgeous card, love the design and the patterned trees. I must admit I have never made a card with so much "white" space around the image but I might have to give it a whirl. Great tips on making Christmas cards in June/July/August. you must get a patented. do yo do that to words? anyway....fantastic card.