Tuesday, March 13, 2018

When It Snows...


There was just the barest dusting of snow this morning, but still, seemed excuse enough to make a Christmas card! It's Kimberly's turn to be the muse at Muse: ChristmasVisions, and she has offered this sweet card: 


I took inspiration from just about everything about this card: the reindeer, the combo die cut and small banner sentiment, the embossed background, the striped paper. I meant to use the same colours, as well, but in the end, the blue didn't make the final cut. 


If reindeer are needed, this is generally my go-to set — I love them in their Christmas sweaters! I would have coloured this guy in Copics, but my handful only includes one (dark) brown. So he's watercoloured instead. The background panel is stencilled with embossing paste and glitter. I cut the "be jolly" three times in red so it would have a bit of extra dimension. Amazingly, I had a "be jolly, by golly" stamp in practically the same font, so masked off the first half and embossed the second part in white. 
Why not come and play along with us? You'll be happy come December when you see the Christmas cards you've made ahead of time! ;) 

Supplies: white, black & Stampin' Up real red cardstock, Teresa Collins Santa's List patterned paper, Ranger watercolour paper, Hero Arts Christmas Reindeer & Unity/Jillibean Soup Christmas Eve Chowder stamps, Versamark & Versafine onyx black ink, Ranger clear & Hero Arts white embossing powders, Zig watercolour markers, CUTplorations Be Jolly die, Simon Says Stamp falling snow stencil, Dreamweavers glossy white embossing paste, Stampin' Up dazzling diamonds glitter, foam tape 

Pin It Now!

4 comments:

wienerhoneymooners said...

Wonderful..!!! Wonderful!!!! Wonderful By Golly!!!! Love it!!! Thanks for jumping in....

Barbara Godden said...

Wow this is fabulous, I have that set and I really need to use it more often, maybe I should take a picture of yours to know how to colour him up. You really did use all the inspiration from the muse.

Birgit said...

I really see how happy that reindeer are, and then I will be it too:)

Ardyth said...

Adorable!