Friday, March 16, 2018

Shopping Birds

The current Shopping Our Stash challenge is Put a Bird on It. So I did. 



I have never used this bird stamp for anything but sympathy cards, and here I am using it again for another one. I have never actually paired it with the sentiment that comes with it, but since this is for family, it seemed just right. This is also likely the least CAS sympathy card I've made. I was pretty excited when I found not just one, but TWO patterned papers that actually coordinated with the distress inks I had sponged on the bird panel. I added a strip of woodgrain embossed cardstock to bring out the white-embossed bird. 



Supplies: Bazzill marshmallow cardstock, Strathmore mixed media paper, Basic Grey Plumeria patterned paper, Unity/Webster's Pages Love Itty Bitty stamps, Versamark & tumbled glass, stormy sky, antique linen, iced spruce, bundled sage & chipped sapphire distress inks, Ranger clear & Hero Arts white embossing powders, Papertrey Ink woodgrain impression plate, Spellbinders oval die

Pin It Now!

3 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

That is a beautiful image, gorgeously soft card just perfect for a sad occasion. You do such a awesome job with CAS. Thanks for sharing it with us at Shopping Our Stash for the challenge "put a bird on it".

Chris Dring said...

Another stunning CAS card. Love the soft colors you used and that image is sweet. Thanks again for joining our Bird challenge at Shopping Our Stash!

lauren bergold said...

what a soft and beautiful card! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR STASH of feathered friends with us this week! ♥