Saturday, March 3, 2018

Muse Inspiration

I was intrigued by the card created by this week's guest at MuseBunny Vance. Here's what she created: 


More than anything, I was struck by the drama of the black background. I was also inspired by the floral theme. Here is where Bunny's inspiration took me: 


Not a solid black background, but when I came across this piece of patterned paper, I thought it would be fun to incorporate the A.A. Milne quotation as the sentiment for the card. The cluster of flowers still really pops against the dark background. 
Because I can, I'm also adding this to the Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Wednesday challenge. ;) 

Supplies: white cardstock, Glitz Designs Finnley patterned paper, Altenew Vintage Flowers stamps & dies, Altenew rouge, crimson, velvet, frayed leaf, forest glades & evergreen inks

Pin It Now!

5 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Wow, looks fabulous! I love the drama of the black, Jo x

Michelle said...

Wow, this is fantastic! Love the BG paper, your flowers and the white embossed sentiment.

Ardyth said...

I love the contrast of the distressed background and the elegant flowers! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

Lisa Arana said...

The way those flowers just pop against the background is so beautiful. I love how you used the grey patterned paper instead of black... it has a lovely distressed look.

Lin said...

Lovely design, Lindsey - the patterned paper works nicely with your flowers! Thank you for playing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!