Thursday, March 1, 2018

Drink Up

February is over! As I'm writing this, March is forecast to come in like a 🐑, which only makes me worry that April will be a setback. 
But you're not here to chat about the weather (Canadian obsession that it is), you're here to check out the March Naughty or Nice Challenge


This month we are encouraging you to DRINK UP! Create some type of beverage-inspired project. 
Coffee-themed (also perhaps coffee-fuelled?) crafting continues to be a strong trend, it seems. Somehow I managed to wander off in a different direction... 


My card was totally about using this fun sentiment! I knew I wanted multiple wine glasses to go with it, and first tried just rainbow stamping a whole bunch. But they looked too... regimented. By attempt three, I got this: distress ink, a mist of water, and then stamped. In retrospect, I wish I'd used my much-whiter Ranger watercolour paper, but as I said, this was trial three and I wasn't ready to recycle the good stuff if it didn't come out to my liking. I'm hoping the sentiment band is a bit reminiscent of caution tape! It's not showing in the photo, but that's a strip of black glitter paper down the right side of the card. 
It's your turn! Be inspired by your beverage of choice, and add your creation to the Naughty or Nice link-up by March 25th. Cheers! 

Supplies: yellow cardstock, Canson watercolour paper, American crafts black glitter cardstock, Papertrey Ink Text Style: Uncorked & The Ink Road The Struggle is Real stamps, Versafine onyx black & barn door, carved pumpkin, squeezed lemonade, twisted citron, blueprint sketch, shaded lilac & wilted violet distress inks, Ranger clear embossing powder, Tattered Angels Santa Baby & Art Anthology Colourations Timeless spray mists

Pin It Now!

2 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous inking, Lindsey, your card is stunning! Funny how you wandered off in a different direction... Jo x

Toni said...

LOL. What a cute and punny sentiment that pairs perfectly with your great rainbow stamping!