Saturday, March 31, 2018

A No Ink Vintage Christmas Card

Hope you are enjoying your Easter weekend! 
Two cardmaking challenges I pay attention to have challenges that I decided would combine perfectly — Jingle Belles is looking for old-fashioned/vintage-style Christmas cards, while Shopping Our Stash is asking for cards that don't use ink. If I'm looking to make either type of card, my thoughts quickly turn to my Graphic 45 papers. So here it is: 


More fussy cutting than I am generally comfortable with, although I have to admit, the two tags were pretty easy. :D None of the papers in this Dickens (yay!) collection seemed subtle enough to let the rest of the images shine, so I found another vintage-y paper for the background panel. So really, apart from the scissor-work, an easy card. 



Supplies: Craft Smith red card base, Graphic 45 A Christmas Carol & Basic Grey Aspen Frost patterned paper, small hole-punch, gold twine, foam tape

Pin It Now!

4 comments:

SmilynStef said...

I am lovin' those layered tags ... so glad you joined us in celebrating Christmas PAST at Jingle Belles.

Barbara Godden said...

Fantastic card, love those layered tags. What a great use of those papers. Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping our Stash for the No Ink challenge.

Donna said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sistah!!
This is a fab card for BOTH challenges!
So awesome and vintage-y!
Thanks for going ink free with the crew from SHOPPING OUR STASH this week!!

lauren bergold said...

ooooooooooooh! this is such a great combination of elements, honestly until you said it i hadn't thought, "oh there's no ink" lol! gorgeous vintage style card for sure! thanks for celebrating xmas PAST with us at JINGLE BELLES! ♥