Saturday, February 17, 2018

Christmas Trees

Yep, another Christmas card. This time around, I'm taking inspiration from Cornelia for Muse: ChristmasVisions. (Next week it's my turn for the first time!) Here is Cornelia's fun and colourful card: 


I was inspired by the bright colours, the triangular trees, and the clean layout. Here's my version: 


I initially thought of some of the more graphically-designed tree stamps in my collection, but chose this fun die, instead. It was only later, when I went to check on the main challenge blog, that I discovered my teammate Kimberly had the same thought! Our process and results are quite different, though.) With distress inks, I sponged rough triangles about where I knew my trees would be. The least fun part of this die is putting adhesive on without making a mess. This time around, I used my smallest glue dots, and even then had to roll them up a bit. From foil cardstock, I cut the three stars and the "merry" sentiment. 
As you can see, Christmas cards are one of the few times I also decorate the envelopes. Not quite in the league of "mail art", but I usually try to find an image that coordinates with what goes inside. 
I might as well take advantage of making a Christmas card by linking up to a couple of other themed challenges: Jingle Belles: A Colouring We Will Go and Happy Little Stampers: Christmas Anything Goes (no optional hearts on mine). 
There is still a day and a bit to play along, so why not get in the mood for Christmas cards with Cornelia's inspiration... then you'll be all fired up when my card makes its appearance on Wednesday! 😉


Supplies: white, textured blue American Crafts & Rager silver foil cardstock, candied apple, mermaid lagoon & mowed lawn distress inks, Essentials by Ellen Geo Tree, MFT blueprints 24 & Winnie & Walter merry dies (Winnie & Walter Ina Word: Merry stamp on the envelope)

Pin It Now!

7 comments:

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Awesome CASE! Glad you found the time to play along! Love those colorful modern trees!

Barbara Godden said...

Love that tree die and what you did with them were awesome. clean and super colourful. Fantastic card.

Birgit said...

Here you have created a another lovely card, fabulous case!

Marianne said...

Such a fun and artsy way to colour up your trees, Lindsey. I didn't have to play along at Muse but I'm glad you managed to play along with my prompt at Jingle Belles.

lauren bergold said...

oh my gosh, i loooooove your card, it's such a great take on cornelia's beautiful inspo pic, but you've definitely made it your own! so happy you could join our coloring fun at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

Bobby said...

The inking outside the die cuts give the trees a wonderful glow, Lindsey. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge.

BożenA said...

Great Christmas card. I like that you did not limit yourself to coloring only to the area of trees, but you went beyond it.
Thank you for joining the challenge at Happy Little Stampers Christmas.
Regards,
BożenA DT HLS