Thursday, February 1, 2018

All Loved Up

Happy February! The month of hearts and valentines and all that other mushy stuff. Except for snow; it won't get mushy around here for another month or so. 
We may be called Naughty or Nice Challenges, but we seem to be making it difficult to go naughty this time around! 


We've titled our February challenge ALL LOVED UP, and we've even added an optional colour palette filled with pastel colours. Even though all those shades of pink were hurting my brain, I had to go nice:


Watercolouring is my go-to strategy when seeing a colour challenge with several shades of one colour, so I collected my pink and red Zig markers for the three roses. Silver embossing and greys sort of cover the neutral colour. (I thought more of the knife blades than the actual given shade...) A background wash of shimmery blue covers that colour. If you squint, you'll see I used a background stamp with watermark ink to add some interest to the pale pink base. The sentiment is white-embossed on a dark pink. 
Now it's over to you! Perhaps you'll take on the triple challenge of the theme, the colours AND making your project naughty! You have until February 25th to join us.
P.S. I'm back in a few hours with a new inspiration card for the latest Seize the Birthday challenge!

Supplies: Stampin' Up pink pirouette & melon mambo cardstock, Ranger watercolour paper, Great Impressions Rose Trio, My Favourite Things Tropical Sensations & Hero Arts Envelope Background stamps, Versamark ink, silver & Hero Arts white embossing powders, Zig markers, Twinkling H2Os, MFT blueprints 24 die, fun foam

Pin It Now!

3 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

This is beautiful, Great design and use of the colours.(not fond of colour pallet challenges that have so many colours)

Lynne in NI said...

Ooooh your silver flowers are so pretty!

Dotty Jo said...

It's a beauty, Lindsey, and I'm sorry about the pinkness of the palette! Jo x