Monday, November 20, 2017

25 Days of Christmas Tags: Day 20


Day 20! Yep, it's Day 20 of Tracey McNeely's 25 Days of Christmas Tags event. Today Waffle Flower is our guest and sponsor. 


Although I've already done one stocking tag, I decided to make another, but made sure I did it differently... 


This stocking is fun, as the stripes are a separate stamp, so you can make the outline and the stripes different colours. It also has the separate fluffy cuff — and although I know better, I didn't stamp it in waterproof ink, but managed to keep the bleeding to a minimum when I added Stickles. Sigh. On the tag base, I used some watercolour powder... notice in this case, I was wise enough to keep the water above the sentiment. 
There is fine inspiration over on Tracey's blog today, so be sure to check it out. You can be in the running to win a prize for commenting and/or making tags, so why not join us? 

Supplies: Strathmore watercolour paper, Waffleflower Stocking stamps & dies, Altenew ruby & evergreen inks, Magenta Nuance grass green watercolour powder, MFT pierced tag die, frosted lace Stickles, Pretty Pink Posh sequins, Offray ribbon, Hemptique cord, small hole punch, foam tape

Pin It Now!

20 comments:

Isabel Z said...

I love the background that you created for your tag.

Kristie Goulet said...

Super cute tag! Love the background you created for your stocking! ♥♥♥

Barbara Godden said...

Super cute tag, that stocking is adorable and your background is fab. today's is going to be a tough one for me. but I need to do 17,18 and 19 first.

Sue W. said...

Cute tag! I appreciate you mentioning forgetting to use watercolor friendly ink Comforting knowing that I'm not the only one ❤️ I have to keep reminding myself that perfection isn't the goal. (Although it would nice every once in a while)🙂

Arianna Barbara said...

I love your watercolouring! And the sentiment is so sweet!!! Great tag!!!

Beverly S. said...

At Christmas one can never have enough stockings...so I don't mind another stocking tag from YOU. :) CUTE! Love how you created the pretty green background.

Unknown said...

LOVE the watercoloring! I am going to have to look into getting some of those powders. I just love your stocking. It's adorable. Thank you for the inspiration!!

Iris said...

Super cute - love the stocking.

Sue D said...

So cute. I like the background and the stripes.

Karen Letchworth said...

Another super cute tag, Lindsey. I love the more traditional colors on this one, and how it catches the eye. Thanks once again for your fabulous inspiration.
Blessings,
Karen Letchworth

Sandy said...

Nice background and a soft contrast to that bright stocking.

Unknown said...

Sweet and simple. I love it.

Mary Holshouser said...

Love the stocking.
The striping makes it
so cute.
thanks for sharing.
Happy Thanksgiving.

Teresa Doyle said...

As so cute Lindsey.

Chris Dring said...

Bleeding? What bleeding. All I see is a fantastic tag!

Mary-Anne V said...


i love the background for this fun stocking.

Unknown said...

Lovely tag :)

Danielle Vincent said...

I didn't notice any bleeding. I think you did a fantastic job! Love this tag

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

This is a sweet tag !
margessw@icloud.com

Unknown said...

Love this stocking tag! So cute. It was my inspiration for day 20!