Friday, November 10, 2017

25 Days of Christmas Tags: Day 10


We've hit double digits in Tracey McNeeley's 25 Days of Christmas Tags! Today we have Winnie & Walter in the spotlight. 


Winnie & Walter has a wide variety of stamps, dies and stencils, so I decided to make two very different tags to show off the versatility. Here's my first: 



Look, it's my one shaker tag of the year! 😝 Even though I don't like making them, I thought this Merry die would be perfect for a fun shaker tag. It was even probably the easiest one I've made. The sequins don't show up as much as I'd hoped with the patterned paper I picked, so here's a closer look: 


For my second tag, I went the more elegant route:


I stamped and embossed the poinsettia on vellum, then used Copics to colour on the reverse side. I didn't really want to use a big sentiment with this, but found this bit of flair with "Merry Christmas" and the right colours. The washi coordinated too! 



Be sure to visit Tracey's blog to see all the wonderful inspiration on offer from the Winnie and Walter design team! Why not make some tags and join us! 

Supplies: (merry) white & Stampin' Up real red cardstock, Lawn Fawn patterned paper, acetate Winnie & Walter In a Word: Merry die, Little Things from Lucy's Cards sequins, Troll Christmas star punch, May Arts ribbon, fun foam; (poinsettia) white cardstock, gold pearl paper, vellum, Winnie & Walter In Bloom: Elsa's Flora stamp, Versamark, Stampendous moonstone embossing powder, Copic markers, Winnie & Walter Katharine Cutaway tag die, My Mind's Eye All is Bright flair, Recollections washi tape, scrap ribbon

Pin It Now!

22 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Oh my goodness these are both fabulous, what a fab idea for a shaker tag!!! The one with the poinsettia is just gorgeous. both very CASEable.

Isabel Z said...

Your tags are little works of art. I love them!

Kristie Goulet said...

Very fun and beautiful tags, Lindsey!

Teresa Doyle said...

Lindsey both of your tags are fantastic. The poinsettia tag looks extremely elegant, love it!
Did you mean you were only making "one" shaker tag this year or is this just the first one? LOL Its really lovely!

Sue W. said...

Love both of your tags! The Merry tag is so festive! Your poinsettia in gorgeous. It looks like velvet and I want to touch it. 😄❤️❤️❤️

Michele K. Henderson said...

I absolutely love love LOVE this gorgeous shaker tag! It's bright and cherful and looks amazing!

Karen Letchworth said...

I love your shaker tag and the sweet poinsettia tag. Fabulous work! Thanks so much for sharing.
Blessings,
Karen Letchworth

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous tags! I'm going to try again this weekend, Jo x

Sue D said...

Festive Merry tag and beautiful poinsettia tag.

Nora Noll said...

WOW!! These are absolutely STUNNING!!! I love how you did the poinsettia off the tag.

Mary Holshouser said...

Love the shaker.
The patterned paper might have
been enough - shame to waste
the time making the shaker
and it doesn't show up too
well.
thanks for sharing.

Nancy R. said...

Great idea to make a tag with the 'merry' die. With or without the shaker element, it's super cute. Your poinsettia tag is pretty too!

Angela Walters said...

Both of your cards are terrific! I have the "merry" die you used for the first tag and love it! The shaker tag you created with it is super cute! I also like the poinsettia you created. I have that stamp set, too, and love all of the beautiful florals in it!

Arianna Barbara said...

Wow! Very festive!!! Love the pattern combination!!!

Unknown said...

Love your shaker card. Adding the patterned paper inside the shaker added a nice little something extra. Very pretty.

Beverly S. said...

Lindsey, I like both of your tags very much but I especially love the "merry" shaker tag. So CUTE!

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

That's a perfect duo of tags for Christmas presents.

Miriam Leech said...

Awesome tags! Especially love the Merry!!

Sandy said...

Both these are wonderful tags. i appreciate the work involved in the shaker, but it's the poinsettia that really speaks to me. I like the strip of matching washi down the side.

Unknown said...

This are so fun

Lindsey said...

Adore the shaker tag, but wow is the second ever beautiful! I think you showed the versatility marvelously.

Iris said...

Both tags are gorgeous - love the shaker tag and love the poinsettia.