Wednesday, November 1, 2017

25 Days of Christmas Tags: Day 1!


It's that time of year again... time for Tracey McNeely's 25 Days of Christmas Tags event! For the last two years, I have managed to complete the entire event, giving me a large assortment of tags to choose from for the gifts I haven't bought, being too busy making tags. ;) But this year, Tracey has asked me to step it up a notch, and become part of her design team! 


That's me there in the bottom centre, along with four talented paper crafters:  Brianna LoeffelbeinKim HegginsCarol Mayne and Michele Ferguson. We'll be commenting on tags submitted to the 25 Days gallery, as well as contributing our own tags for inspiration.
Tracey has done a fantastic job again this year finding generous sponsors to offer prizes! Check out the lineup:



And now on to Day 1! I'm playing along with some of the design team from Simon Says Stamp. The company is also our sponsor today. I combined three different Simon sets for my tag:


I started by stamping the speech bubble from Furry Christmas on my tag and again on a post-it note so I could cut a mask. After putting the mask in place, I used a sentiment from the same set with the pawprint from Furry Kisses to make the background. Finally, I watercoloured the main image from Furry Cat & Box, cut it out, and popped it on the bottom of the tag. 
If my tag doesn't inspire you — maybe you're not a cat person? 🙀 — there is a feast of inspiration on today's event post. That is also where you can find out all the different ways you can participate and be eligible for today's prize and others offered throughout the event! 



Supplies: white cardstock, Canson watercolour paper, Simon Says Stamp Furry Christmas, Furry Kisses, & Furry Cat & Box stamps, Versafine onyx black & Simon Says Stamp schoolhouse red inks, Ranger clear embossing powder, Zig markers, Stamplorations manila tag die, May Arts ribbon, (?) gold cord, foam tape


SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave Pin It Now!

22 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

You know you had me at "cat" super cute tag love it. fabulous job.

Kristie Goulet said...

Super fun tag! Love the sentiment background!

Beverley said...

Adorable tag, beautifully done. Thanks so much for the inspiration. Hugs Bev x

Lagene said...

Super pretty Christmas tag! I especially love the sweet kitty probably "helping" on wrapping day in that box!

Nancy R. said...

That little kitty is so cute popping out of the gift box. Great tag, thanks for sharing it!

Sandy said...

So cute -- this would be purrfect for many cat-lovers I know.

lritchie said...

Love this tag, I'm a kitty lover so this one hits home, so cute!

Dotty Jo said...

This is gorgeous, Lindsey! What a great combo of stamps and colours. I'm slowly getting into making tags, so might try and play along myself, Jo x

Mary Holshouser said...

I'm more of a dog person but this is
darling. the kitty looking out the
box is cute.
thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Meooow! i love this!

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

How cute is that little cat-tag !!!

Crafty Math Chick said...

Your tag is so sweet! I spoke to me since I knit and crochet blankets and toys for our local animal shelter, and I always look for pet themed tags to attach. Thanks for the inspiration!

Sue D said...

This is so cute--love the cat theme.

Isabel Z said...

I love what you created.

Teresa Doyle said...

Awww Lindsey, how sweet is this kitty popping out of the box??? We got a kitty in a box one Christmas and he was well loved. We had him 21 years!

Arianna Barbara said...

Wow! Simply adorable!!!

Mary-Anne V said...

Such a cute Christmas tag especially with the kitty cat coming out of the box.

Farhana S said...

so fun! thanks for sharing!

Beverly S. said...

I am definitely a cat person (just ask the three house cats which let me live and wait on them). :) I LOVE your tag!!!! And congrats on getting to be on the design team for the 25 Days of Christmas Tags hop.
What fun...this is my first year and I am having a blast making tags and seeing everyone's (plus discovering and making my want list GROW). :)

Unknown said...

How cute. Great tag for my cat’s Christmas present. She won’t care one way or another but everyone else will enjoy it.

Iris said...

So cute - love the kitten peeking out of the box.

Lindsey said...

So cute! Love the text in the background and the cute kitten in the box. Awesome tag!