Saturday, September 16, 2017

Lost and Found


Welcome to a brand new Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers challenge... LOST AND FOUND. Is there a technique you used to use all the time that has fallen by the wayside? A formerly favourite stamp that now is covered with cobwebs? It's time to bust out the forgotten and resurrect it! 
I decided to revisit a technique that I once used frequently before I discovered the joy of watercolouring... paper-piecing:


I decided I should at least use an image that I'd never paper-pieced before, and decided that the cozy sweater of this polar bear would be perfect. Of course, when paper-piecing, there are always details you don't really think about before you start; in this case, the tiny amount of paw sticking out from each long sleeve. Yikes. 
The Sisters have revived lots of different techniques and images, so be sure to check out all the inspiration! If you decide to join us, and I hope you do, please be sure to indicate your own lost and found item. 

Supplies: white cardstock, American Crafts silver glitter paper, Echo Park Winter Wishes patterned paper, MFT Cool Day & Viva Las VegaStamps Naughty or Nice stamps, MFT black licorice ink, Zig marker, frosted lace Stickles, Spectrum Noir clear sparkle marker, fun foam

Pin It Now!

7 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Totally gorgeous! Always love these bears so much and I want a sweater just like this, Jo x

Donna said...

Love your paper pieced bear sistah!
Ahhhhhhhh I love paper piecing SOOOOOOO much more than colouring
LOL

Chris Dring said...

LOL! Love that paper pieced sweater on that polar bear! So dang cute! And what a perfect sentiment to go along with it!

Chelle (PhotoArt/MaybeCreative) said...

Beautiful and I don't think I have paper pieced in a long time. It's those small details that can kill you.

Mimi said...

Beary cute! Paper piecing is always like dressing up paper dolls to me... which I love! (Well, I mean, used to...)

Lynne Mizera said...

SWOON. I love that polar bear... in a sweater... with a HAT.. DRINKING COFFEE!!! now that's my kind of bear (grin). Great card, great technique and guess what I already created for for the next challenge? -YUP- Great minds and all that stuff Sistaaah!

Barbara Godden said...

Oh my goodness that polar bear is ADORABLE and your paper piecing is super, fabby card.