Sunday, September 3, 2017

Colouring Challenge Day 3


Day 3 and so far I'm keeping up with Kathy Racoosin's 30 Day Colouring Challenge! Today my personal challenge was to turn a floral image into a somewhat masculine card. To explain, let me show you what I coloured: 


I could use just the die cut wreath for any number of cards, but wanted to use the inside sentiment part, too. So the logical recipient someday would be my husb. Before I worried about the card itself, I watercoloured the wreath, using lots of green shades, but keeping the rest fairly simple. I picked up on the little blue flowers (aw, forget-me-nots, perhaps?) and used the same blue Zig marker in a thick line around the part of the sentiment that ultimately wouldn't be seen. (Kathy used Zigs today too! Squee! 😜) Then I pulled the colour into the centre with a wet brush, leaving the centre quite light. I decided a little sparkle wouldn't hurt, and added a layer of iridescent medium. (Awesome stuff.) Then I worked out my card design. 


This angle has better lighting, but you can't see the shine.

Lighting's not great, but shows the shine.
(In a straight-on photo, the shine looks "dirty".
 Luckily, not in real life.) 

Imagine how happy I was to discover I had washi tape in the colours I'd used! I also have a thin strip of manly black glitter paper and a popped-up woodgrain-embossed panel. I think this is totally masculine, what about you? ðŸ˜‰
I haven't hit my limit yet, so off this goes to Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday Anything Goes challenge. 

Supplies: white & American Crafts black glitter cardstock, Fabriano watercolour paper, Neat & Tangled Floral Heart stamps & dies, Versafine onyx black ink, Ranger clear embossing powder, Zig clean colour real brush markers, Winsor & Newton iridescent medium, Papertrey Ink woodgrain impression plate, Elmers washi tape, fun foam

SaveSave Pin It Now!

2 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

I think it's perfectly manly and just fabulous!!!

Virginia L. said...

How BEAUTIFUL!! Love the coloring and contrast! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge! Beautiful colors and design. Well done!