Thursday, August 31, 2017

The Party's Almost Over...


A sad day! My last *dance* as a surprise party guest at Seize the Birthday challenge. (I'm not even going to talk about the cooler weather, the fact it's the last day of August...) For this last guest post, Nancy came up with quite the optional challenge, for me at least! 

The optional toppings this time around are colours... blue, green and teal. And yes, the toppings are always optional, but what kind of party guest would I be if I didn't partake of the toppings! Now blue I like, green is okay in its place... and I wasn't sure I was even going to be able to come up with anything teal. Imagine my surprise when it turned out to be the dominant colour of the three! 


Here it is, my little teal sailboat sailing on an ocean of blue and green bubbles. Even better, after I'd coloured the hull of my boat, it turned out I had cardstock that was an exact match! I cut my sentiment panel to look a little like a sailing pennant. (My husb won a few local sailing regattas back in the day, so I know what they look like...) 
The latest Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge is the classic Anything Goes, so I'll add my little boat there. 
Maybe you like this colour combination more than I do, or maybe you feel like a challenge! Either way, you have two weeks to join us. 


    

Supplies: white & Bazzill Basics textured teal cardstock, Neat & Tangled Sailmates & Clearly Besotted Say What stamps, Versamark & MFT black licorice inks, Wow white embossing powder, Spectrum Noir & Zig clean colour real brush markers, Heidi Swap Confetti stencil, Dreamweavers translucent embossing paste, MFT sonny stitched rectangle die, pop dot tape

Pin It Now!

11 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Your little card is gorgeous, Lindsey! Personally, I love blues and greens together, but they do have to be the right shades. I bet they've loved having you at the party as you are the dream teamie! Jo x

JoAnn said...

Love your cute card Lindsey. Perfect colors your that cute boat and the banner up top.

Vicki Dutcher said...

I adore that tiny ship! It is adorable~ Thanks for playing with us this month - hope you had fun :)

Anonymous said...

That ship is seriously cute, and your coloring is awesome Lindsey! Impression of an ocean with dots of colors is a new idea for me, so I am keeping it mind (thanks for the idea!) Thank you for being such a fantastic Party Guest! :)
xx Ashwini

Barbara Godden said...

Although I do check challenge often I've loved seeing your cards there, it made it special. Love that teal boat, gorgeous colouring on it too. If I keep watching maybe the CAS designs will rub off.

Colleen said...

Lindsey thank you for being our guest at STB. your card is so simple and clean and very sweet...right up my alley kind of card!! thank you for playing along with us and being a great inspiration to others!

Nancy said...

Your card is super cute Lindsey! Love the subtle circles of color and the sweet little boat! You have been a joy to have as our guest these past two months! Don't be a stranger! HUGS!

Patti said...

Love it!! you aced this challenge!! It has been a pleasure having you with us!! you are a talented card maker : )

(((Hugs)))
Patti

Lin said...

I love this CAS design, Lindsey, well done! Thank you for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

stampwithsandy said...

Lindsey this is just adorable! I love that little sailboat and you've colored it perfectly. Thanks for being our Surprise Party Guest, and you will be missed!

Glenda J said...

The ocean colour theme was my idea so you can blame me! I just left teal off my card and used purple instead! lol. Love this awesome card and loved having you join us this summer. Thanks for all the fabulous cards you created.