Tuesday, August 15, 2017

On the Move Reminder


Mid-month (wait, what?) means it's Naughty or Nice Challenges reminder time! This month we are ON THE MOVE with an optional colour challenge. I didn't manage the colours this time, but at least the theme is there! 


I missed out on the "naughty" aspect this time, as well. Oops. As I was deciding what to make to fit the theme, I remembered this origami map stamp, and had a thought... watercolour powder! The other times I'd used this stamp, powders had not yet become a THING. After stamping and embossing in white on watercolour paper, I wet the continents one or two at a time before carefully sprinkling green powder on. I like the mottled mappy look using the powder gives! I decided that trying to do the same with the oceans might be a mess in the making, so I used distress ink (salty ocean, of course) to watercolour instead. Shockingly, I found some patterned paper that worked with the green. That, an accent of black, and an embossed sentiment finished the card. 
Why not come and join us with your naughty or nice creation? You have until August 25th to join us. 

Supplies: white & black cardstock, Canson watercolour paper, Basic Grey Oxford patterned paper, Neat & Tangled Origami Map stamps, Versamark & salty ocean distress ink, Hero Arts white embossing powder, Magenta Nuance green watercolour powder, fun foam

Pin It Now!

2 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Loos stunning, Lindsey - the watercolour-powder effect is superb! Jo x

Barbara Godden said...

Fabulous job, it looks like a fun technique and it worked beautifully. Very interesting stamp too.