Monday, August 7, 2017

Musing and Shopping My Christmas Stash

It's an August long weekend here (with the exciting name of Civic Holiday) and I had time to play today! I decided I would let this month's Muse: ChristmasVisions kickstart my holiday cardmaking. There are four cards to be inspired by! 


And coincidentally, Shopping Our Stash decided to bypass the Christmas in July challenge frenzy and have a Countdown to Christmas challenge this week. Inspired by the top right card, I went deep into my stash and came up with this:


I've had this stamp set for years, but have never used the big head before. Instead of ornaments hanging from his antlers, I gave him a fuzzy red nose — and those teeny pompoms have been around since my teaching days, which is a while ago. I echoed Cornelia's striped side panel with some thin washi tape. 
My plan is to CASE all four Muse cards this month... we'll see what happens. ;) 


Supplies: white & Stampin' Up real red cardstock, Simon Says Stamp/Kelly Purkey Oh Dear & WPlus9 Simply Sentiments 6 stamps, Colorbox frost white & Versamark inks, Hero Arts white embossing powder, Little B thin silver stripes washi tape, (?) small pompom

Pin It Now!

10 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

Love how you were inspired by Cornelia's card! Awesome!

Dotty Jo said...

Your card is a stunner! I really must come to terms with the fact that we're all downhill to Christmas once the new term starts! Jo x

Donna said...

YES YES YES
I adore this card sistah!
The red and white together - just perfect!
Thanks for counting down to Christmas with the crew from SHOPPING OUR STASH!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Like your Rudolph! Thanks, for playing along with us at MCV!

Birgit said...

This is tough, fits a man ... I think!

Becca Cruger said...

Well this has holiday cheer written all over it. Not literally, I suppose, but it is so fun and festive! :)

Oh You Made Me Ink said...

Your card is super cute! I love that little red nose!! Thank you for sharing it with us at Shopping Our Stash! Cyndi, DT

Ardyth said...

I have those pompoms too - this is wonderful - love the classic festive (and patriotic?) red and white colour scheme! Looking forward to seeing 3 more from you this month! Thanks for joining us at MCV!

ionabunny said...

I like this. Simple and striking. Hugz

Sandi said...

I LOVE the little red nose on your reindeer! Great CAS card!