Thursday, August 17, 2017

Muse Christmas Card No. 3

After a brief hiatus to participate in real life, I had a chance to make a third card for the current Muse: ChristmasVisions challenge. There are four cards to be inspired by, and I still have high hopes of completing my own versions of all four. 



This time I'm being inspired by the wreath card on the bottom left. I liked the more-than-just-evergreen look. I thought about tracing a circle and creating my own, but then remembered a stamp that would do the job for me. 😉



I have kept the general design of Cornelia's card, as well as the wreath and its colours as the main image, but from there I went off on my own. I started with a sponged background panel, splatted with some DUI perfect pearls mist for sparkle and shine. From there I coloured my embossed image with Twinkling H2Os — more sparkle and shine! The bow is painted with champagne paint. Finally, the sentiment is embossed with the same powder as the wreath. 


I just have the penguin card left to CASE! And I like penguins...

Supplies: Bazzill marshmallow, Neenah white & Recollections green metallic cardstock, Canson watercolour paper, Essentials by Ellen Homespun Holiday stamp & die, Simon Says Stamp Big Holiday Wishes stamp, Versamark & tumbled glass distress inks, Stampendous moonstone embossing powder, white confetti Perfect Pearls mist, Twinkling H2Os, Tsukineko champagne all-purpose ink, Winnie & Walter Katharine frame die, pop-dot tape

Pin It Now!

4 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

This is lovely! I seriously must start my Christmas cards before December, Jo x

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Gorgeous wreath! It pops in front of this awesome background! Thanks so much for again playing along with me at MCV, Lindsey! - Two more to go ;)

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

oops, only one more to go - I miscounted... sorry (math was never my strength, LOL)

Ardyth said...

Love the shimmer and shine and that gorgeous rich blue background! Thanks so much for joining us at MCV!