Monday, March 27, 2017

Watercolour Musing

For Day 27 of The Daily Marker 30 Day colouring challenge, I decided to use the brand new Muse challenge as inspiration. Here is Sonja's pretty inspiration card: 


From Sonja's card, I took inspiration from the framed central flower, metallic embossing and the use of kraft cardstock. I used a flower stamp I've had for more than ten years, and had been thinking would be fun to use as part of this month's colouring: 


I'd only ever used Prismacolour pencils for this sunflower, and even that was quite a while ago! I started by putting a loose wash of blue Twinkling H2Os for the background, then coloured the sunflowers and leaves with Zig markers. Coincidentally, the sentiment comes from a totally different sunflower stamp set. I added a trio of tiny sequins to set it off. (I love those little sparkly sequins, but man, they are tricky to work with!) 
A little closeup of the pretty Moonstone embossing powder: 



Supplies: white & Neenah desert storm cardstock, Canson watercolour paper, Rubber Stampede Sunflower II & Papertrey Ink Simple Sunflower stamps, Versamark, Colourbox mango tango & Memento rich cocoa inks, Stampendous moonstone & Ranger clear embossing powders, Zig clean colour real brush markers, Twinkling H2Os, MFT Peek-a-Boo circle window die, Pretty Pink Posh sparkling clear sequins, pop dot tape

Pin It Now!

6 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

those are tiny sequins. Fabulous sunflower card. great case of the Muse.

SonjaK said...

Awww, totally love your take on my inspiration card! The metallic embossing looks great on the sunflower. It makes it shine so beautifully. And yay for giving old treasures new love.

Linda said...

Beautiful take on the challenge. Your sunflowers are gorgeous.

Ardyth said...

So pretty, Lindsey - love the shading on the petals! I have Twinkling H2Os, too. I should get them out! Thanks for playing along with Muse this week!

Lucille K said...

Such a pretty card, love the colors you used :)

Darnell said...

A close favorite to hydrangeas for me is sunflowers and so I love this card totally, Lindsey! Beautiful coloring and, hmmm, think I might have to look into that Stampendous e/p!! Hugs, Darnell