Thursday, March 16, 2017

Books

For today's edition of "how many day's in a row can I actually have time to colour something" (five!!!), I thought it would be fun to go through my box of UFOs (unfinished objects) and see if something caught my fancy. It didn't take long to decide on a stack of books. 


My friend Ang sent a few me a few stamped panels of these ages ago, and till today, I'd only coloured one. I started out with trying to watercolour them, but decided the bristol they were stamped on didn't really like the amount of water I tried to use. So I pulled out my Prismacolor pencils. I'm never sure I really like Prismacolors; I usually have better colouring luck with watercolours, and I'm not overly fond of the somewhat shiny finish from the wax in them. But I'm sort of liking the end result here. Sponging around the edges of the panel and the (what ARE those things???) library due date slips give the card a vintage look. 
Another day successfully completed in The Daily Marker 30 day colouring challenge! 


Supplies: white cardstock, bristol, October Afternoons patterned paper, Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Book Sketch stamp, Memories black & antique linen distress inks, Prismacolor pencils

Pin It Now!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Oh, I like this. Your pencil colouring makes the covers look like leather. And I am of course taken with a pile of books image. Do you by any chance listen to Modern Mrs Darcy's 'What Should I Read Next?' podcast. It is one of my favourites.