Monday, March 13, 2017

A Tweet Easter Card

Monday. Still winter, with more snow forecast tonight and tomorrow. Ugh. So a perfect day to look forward to spring by making an Easter card! 


I was inspired by Tracey's card for the latest Muse challenge and used the same stamp set, although I used different stamps (I think she's used the large Easter basket, where I used the smaller one.) In my mind (and possibly only there), my card tells a little before and after story, with some of the chick's supplies above the sentiment banner, and the happy artist with his finished eggs below. And just to go with it being a Monday, and winter, and everything else... as I was photographing my card, a fingernail caught the edge of the vellum strip, causing a crease and a teeny rip. 🙄 I will be re-doing the sentiment, but wanted to get this posted to extend my March colouring streak to two, count 'em two, days. (Yesterday I posted to Instagram, not here.) Coincidentally, this is the stamp set Tracey, Ardyth and Natasha are using for today's Daily Marker 30-Day colouring challenge as well. Or maybe not so coincidentally, since these were stamped using Ardyth's set. 😉
And one more I-blame-Monday thing... were I to make this again, I would put the paint can over to the right, with the paintbrush leaning against its left edge. I think the design would be more balanced that way. But given my day, I don't think I'll be attempting to move them... 😝 Maybe tomorrow, which is the earliest I'll attempt to replace the sentiment anyway. 


Supplies: PTI soft stone & plum pudding cardstock, Strathmore mixed media paper, vellum, Sunny Studio Stamps A Good Egg stamps & dies, The Angel Company sentiment stamp, Versamark & MFT black licorice inks, purple metallic embossing powder, Mama Elephant Femme Frames die, Zig clean colour real brush markers, pop-dot tape

SaveSave Pin It Now!

3 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Lindsey your Easter scene is so sweet! I love the proud look om the chickie face with the baset full of Easter eggs he painted (or she). I am also chuckling away at your post today as you discussed the making of your card and your 'yay' two day streak and I will add hey I was with you when you stamped this! Finally I will concur that Monday and winter with you as I had the same weather as you today neighbour. Thank you so much for sharing your card with us at Muse this week!

Lucille K said...

Love your cute, little chickie card :)

Ardyth said...

Oh dear, that just proves that cardmaking is not for the faint of heart! lol! Love the rich background and your pretty colouring. And I'm so glad you joined us at Muse (with my stampset, which you are welcome to use any time at all!)