Thursday, February 9, 2017

A Sympathetic Blue Sketch

Sometimes when I feel like playing around with my stamp stuff, but don't have anything specific that I need to do, I turn to challenges. I've combined two here today to make a sympathy card to add to my stash. 



I used the latest sketch at CAS(E) This Sketch:



I didn't really capture the essence of the sketch — off the edge image, tall narrow panel — but I was inspired by it, so I say it counts. The blue theme comes from the current Shopping Our Stash challenge, Winter Blues (make a not-wintry card with blue). I likely would have used blue anyway, but hey, it can still be a challenge entry. 😉

Supplies: white & navy cardstock, vellum, Strathmore watercolour paper, Altenew Tulip & Hero Arts sympathy stamps, Versamark, Altenew sapphire & tumbled glass, broken china & faded jeans distress inks, Ranger clear & Wow white embossing powders, Marvy/Uchida corner-rounding punch

Pin It Now!

7 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful! Wonderful take on the sketch!

Barbara Godden said...

Great use of the sketch, and a lovely soft blue non-wintery card. Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our stash for Winter Blues.

Donna said...

Fab take on the sketch and a great idea to add to yer stash sistah!
Thanks for joining the crew at SHOPPING OUR STASH this week for our "Winter Blues" challenge!!
Cheers,
Donna
SOS DT

Jen W. said...

Love that tall flower image and your inking is, as always, gorgeous! How was your trip?

Mimi said...

Beautiful card! I definitely see the sketch-- true artists are inspired... this shows that! This is a lovely sympathy card... always smart to have these before you need them. Thank you for sharing at SOS this week.

Darnell said...

I do the same thing, Lindsey, and I feel like the challenge owners are fine with however we are inspired. I can sure see how these two challenges inspired you to make your serene and lovely sympathy card!! Hugs, Darnell

donna mikasa said...

Wonderful inspiration from the sketch--such a beautiful card!