Monday, October 31, 2016

Tag Time!

I decided I felt like making a tag today. Perhaps it's in anticipation of my friend Tracey's 25 Days of Christmas Tags, which starts tomorrow! Last year I managed all 25 days, which for me is practically unprecedented. I'm not going to hold myself to matching that this year, but I'm hopeful. ;) I did need a little extra inspiration today, though, so I went to another challenge that Tracey is involved with, Tag You're It. The current featured tag is by Rubeena Naz


I followed the double tag format, the offset watercoloured image with a small sentiment over it, but otherwise went far less glam... and Christmas:


I grabbed this cute Charlie Brown-style tree image and stamped it just off the edge of the tag before watercolouring it. Of course I had to add some glossy accents to the red ornament. Instead of glitter paper for the second tag layer, I grabbed some patterned paper, and rather than sequin strings, raffia and jute twine. 
I'll be back tomorrow with the November Naughty or Nice challenge... and just maybe the first of 25 tags?

Supplies: Strathmore mixed media cardstock, My Mind's Eye Vintage Christmas patterned paper, Unity Small Stuff Christmas stamps, MFT black licorice ink, Zig real brush clean colour markers, May Arts jute twine, red raffia, Glossy Accents

Pin It Now!

9 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Love that Charlie Brown tree, great job with the watercolour. Awesome tag!!

Kara Lynne said...

What a great Christmas tag using Ruby's inspiration! I love the simplicity of that Charlie Brown tree and then highlighting the ornament with some GA. Perfectly CASEd and yet so original! Thanks for joining in on the fun over at Tag, You're It!

Jen W. said...

Gorgeous watercoloring and I LOVE that little tree!

anja curvers said...

That little tree is great and I love the watercoloring. Thanks for playing along with Tag You're it.

Donna said...

Absolutely amazing. Love your take on this challenge.
Thanks for joining us at Tag You're It :)

Jeanne J. said...

CAS perfection! Love this cute little tree and the contrast with the typed words along the top!

Marybeth said...

This is so pretty Lindsey! Love that tiny tree! Thanks for joining us at,Tag You’re It !

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

What a great sentiment, many thanks for joining us at Tag You're It Challenge.

Chris Dring said...

Who knew there was a Charlie Brown Christmas tree stamp?! This is fabulous!