Friday, July 1, 2016

Pawesome


July 1st means Canada Day (or Dominion Day, if you are so inclined) and a brand new Naughty or Nice Challenge. This month, we're making it easy for you... it's ANYTHING GOES! 


Just to prove that we mean it when we say "Anything Goes", I have made a card that is absolutely ALL nice with NO naughty! 


I had fun playing with these cat stamps a couple of weeks ago for My Favourite Things' Camp Create, so decided to pull them out again for another card. This is my version of a spotlight card, with the sleeping cats stamped in grey, and the main one stamped in black, embossed in sparkle powder and coloured in. I added a little extra sparkle to his collar, nose and ears, too. 


For the background kitties, I did just a tiny bit of masking so the two cats on the left could overlap a bit. I added a strip of double-sided tape underneath them and added some glitter to ground everyone. I tried a bunch of different papers for the card base, but went with the grey zig-zags so as to not detract from the pops of colour on the main panel. 
What would you know, Simon Says Stamp is having an Anything Goes challenge, too, so off go my kitties to the link-up there. Meanwhile, the current CASology cue word is ROW, as in my row of sleeping kitties. 
With no restrictions, you have no excuse not to come and play along with us! The Anything Goes challenge runs until July 25th. 


Supplies: white cardstock, Studio Calico patterned paper, MFT I Knead You & Cat-itude stamps & die, Memento gray flannel & Luxe tuxedo black, Hero Arts sparkle embossing powder, Spectrum Noir markers, Gelly Roll clear glitter gel pen, Wow powder ultra-fine glitter, dimensionals

Pin It Now!

10 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Oh Lindsey this is adorable, love the kitties and great masking. fab. sketch.

maria f. said...

Happy Canada Day! You sweet kitties are adorable.

Lori said...

Happy Canada Day!
This cat is so stinking cute!

Ardyth said...

Ha, not too many people would 'highlight' in grey, but it really works! Love the pop of sparkly blue, too! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

Oh You Made Me Ink said...

Your card is super cute! I love the cats in the background! Cyndi

Chris Dring said...

Ditto what Ardyth said about highlighting in grey. This card is totes adorbs!

Lynne in NI said...

Awwww that is such a sweet card! I have this set too so might have to case you :) LOVE that sparkly blue strip

Anonymous said...

So sweet and sparkly! I love the double sided tape with glitter; I should try that but it involves glitter...

Sherrie M. said...

So very cute Lindsey! Love the grounding strip of glitter. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week.

jenn shurkus said...

eeeeep! this is so sweet :) thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!!