Tuesday, June 14, 2016

I Love Mew

With minutes to spare, I have a card for the (barely) current My Favorite Things Sketch challenge that also incorporates yesterday's MFT Camp Create craft, using glitter! 



My friend Stephanie shared an awesome video for yesterday's glitter craft. While my use of glitter is not nearly as exciting, I did use her method to add a glittery silver strip to my card. Here it is: 


Other than moving the sketch to the right to incorporate my glitter strip, I stayed reasonably true to the sketch. I heat-embossed the kitty and sentiment with sparkle embossing powder to add some glittery goodness to the main panel, and also added a little shimmer to his ears, nose and collar. I popped the main panel up with fun foam for a little extra dimension and interest.


And now I'd better get this posted before it's too late! 

Supplies: white & purple cardstock, American Crafts Amy Tangerine Sketchbook patterned paper, MFT I Knead you stamps, Memento Luxe grey flannel ink, Hero Arts sparkle embossing powder, Spectrum Noir markers, MFT stitched square & Blueprints 24 dies, Wow ash superfine glitter, Wink of Stella clear glitter pen, fun foam, pop dot tape

Pin It Now!

4 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Adorable, super cute kitty and love the sentiment. Great use of the sketch.

Jen W. said...

So. Darn. Cute. Love!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

So cute! Read over at Muse Christmas Vision that you love paint chips - would be great if you played along!

Dotty Jo said...

Sweetness, Jo x