Monday, March 14, 2016

An Easter MFT Sketch

Happy Monday! But not just any Monday... today is PI DAY! March 14th = 3/14, or in more mathematical terms, 3.14. Bonus this year... if we add the year, we get 3.1416. Happy sigh. 
Okay, enough math geekiness for one day. I have a card for the current MFT sketch challenge



I have a couple of Easter cards to make, and this sketch seemed to work perfectly for an idea I already had in my mind: 


On my vertical panel, I added embossing paste with glitter through a scraped paint stencil to suggest the stripe. My three part sentiment stands in for the star elements. For some reason, I didn't have this exact sentiment in my collection (weird, I know), so I had to print it on computer. My Easter birdie is grounded by a little bit of MFT grass. He's watercoloured with distress inks and markers. If I had a yellow distress ink, I'd have used it to sponge the vertical panel, but since I don't, I used two Memento inks along with carved pumpkin distress. 
Hope you enjoyed Pi Day... perhaps it included pie! 

Supplies: white, American Crafts green textured & Stampin' Up basic black cardstock, Strathmore mixed media paper, Craft City green textured card base, Stampers Anonymous/Tim Holtz Bird Crazy & Crazy Things stamps @ dies, MFT black licorice hybrid, Memento dandelion & cantaloupe & carved pumpkin distress inks, MFT grassy edges die, distress markers, Memory Box scraped paint stencil, Dreamweavers glossy white embossing paste, Stampin' Up dazzling diamonds glitter, pop dot tape

Pin It Now!

4 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Brilliant - this is just fabulous! Jo x

Tracey McNeely said...

The bunny ears are fantastic Lindsey! Crazy crazy birds!

Heather said...

This is the cutest "bird-bunny" I've ever seen LOL. I love your background and the sentiment is perfectly done. Happy Easter.

Lisa Arana said...

Easter birdie! Ha. Super fabulous card!!!