Thursday, January 21, 2016

Three Challenges, One CAS Card

On a cold and snowy day, it's nice to sometimes think ahead to spring by making a card! I was inspired by three different challenges to do just that. My latest card started with this week's Muse challenge and a card by Tracey



I was inspired by Tracey's overall layout. die cut main panel, the springtime colours, and CAS (clean and simple) design. Incorporating the current CASology cue, CLEAR, and Paper Smooches' January four-colour challenge, here's what I ended up with: 



I used four colours of Twinkling H2Os — playful peony, iris petal, mango freeze and celadon — to paint the flowers. I also added a light halo around the image and filled in the outline letters with green. I suppose if I'd left them uncoloured, they would count towards the clear cue too, but my glass jar will have to do.

I was hoping a close-up would show some of the shimmer... not really. 



Supplies: white cardstock, Strathmore watercolour paper, Studio Calico patterned paper, Paper Smooches Best Buds & Friendly Flowers stamps, My Favorite Things black liquorice ink, Twinkling H2Os, My Favorite Things Blueprints 24 stitched rectangle die

Pin It Now!

12 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Lindsey the mason jar of flowers looks perfect on your card and I love the effect of the Twinkling H2Os and springtime colours. Especially today--there is definitely a chill in the air. Thank you for sharing with us at Muse this week!

Barbara Godden said...

Love the mason jar of flowers, nice inspiration to dig out my twinkling H20s.

Jacquie Southas said...

Sweet card & the clear mason jar is a perfect take on the CLEAR cue word at CASology this week - so glad you played along, Lindsey!

Michelle said...

Very pretty!

Ardyth said...

So pretty - I love how you've emphasized the clarity of the jar with the shading around it! So great to see you at CASology and Muse this week!

Claire said...

Fab take on Tracey's card - love the big, bold blooms!

Heather said...

You must have a lot of free time on your hands...is it snowy up there? Because you are creating absolutely gorgeous cards--and lots of them. Love this...and the sparkle.

Anonymous said...

Love your clear jar with its beautiful bold, yet subtly coloured blooms. Very pretty! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!

TK said...

nice card - love the soft watercolor

Chris Dring said...

This is so cute and pretty and CAS! Love it!

Alex (PinkCraftyMama) said...

I love mason jar cards especially ones with flowers. Vert pretty!

Anonymous said...

Clever idea to put the shading around the jar, very subtle but works perfectly.