Friday, January 8, 2016

I Can't Believe...

... I made a Christmas card today, the start of the second week of January. Lots of people do make holiday cards year-round, to save some stress come November/December, and I often do as well. But this year I felt I was done with making them for a month or so at least. And then along came the latest Essentials by Ellen Mix It Up challenge. This month, the challenge is looking for a mix of their product and My Favorite Things (MFT). So I mixed and matched and made my card: 


I can't help it if this is my very favourite Essentials by Ellen stamp set. I thought Santa would be perfect poking his head out of this wonky window. His beard is adhered to the card base, while his hat is popped up on foam tape that is just a bit thicker than what I used to pop the stitched panel, so there is some interesting dimension. Otherwise, I kept my design very simple... white on white with just the pops from his red hat and the black embossed ink. It is one of the most CAS Christmas cards I've ever made, which is why I'm going to add it to the current Simple CASology challenge. Since I used my NEW MFT Peek-a-Boo wonky window and Blueprints 24 dies, I am also linking up to the current Monday Simon Says Stamp Something New challenge. 



Supplies: white cardstock, Essentials by Ellen Tis the Season stamps and die, Versafine onyx black ink, Zing clear embossing powder, My Favorite Things Peek-a-Boo wonky windows & Blueprints 24 stitched rectangle dies, Spectrum Noir marker, pop-dot tape

Pin It Now!

11 comments:

Ardyth said...

Ha! All the wonky angles on this make this card really new and fun! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

SmilynStef said...

Super-cute ... you can always join us at Jingle Belles where we make holiday cards all year long.

Karen Letchworth said...

Hello, Lindsey! What a super sweet and really fun card. I would like to invite you to stop by and share your sweet art with us at Word Art Wednesday. It's always Anything Goes, and our prize this week is $25 to Simon Says Stamp. I really hope you will join us.

Blessings,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday
www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

Claire said...

Love this! So clever!

Barbara Godden said...

Super cute card, Santa is adorable and I giggled at the sentiment. Fab. card. nice to get a jump start on December.

Judy1223 said...

Oh, wow...I HAVE to get that sentiment! What a fun, wonky, cool card! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

Jen W. said...

This stamp set has been on my wish list for ages and I never get it. That Santa is just too cute and I love the sentiment. Those wonky squares are pretty cool too. Will the wish list ever stop growing? Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Hannelie said...

Hehe, super cool Santa on a super simple card. LOVE this!
Thanks for playing at CASology!

Anonymous said...

Hey Lindsey!! Your santa is so cute. He makes me laugh. Thank you so much for playing with us this week at CASology.

debby4000 said...

What a brilliant Santa CAS card.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

Anonymous said...

Love this, the angle of his head, the aperture, this sunnies and of course your caption.
Believe it or not I have already started on Christmas cards too.