Saturday, December 5, 2015

No Stamping???

The current challenge at Shopping Our Stash is No Stamping. Somehow, that always feels a little bit like cheating to me. On the other hand, I have lots of not-stamp supplies to make cards, so why not? Here's my first attempt: 


Here I'm letting patterned paper do all the work. But not just any paper... Christmas Carol paper! (World's biggest Dickens fan here.) While these supplies don't count as ancient stash, I have been happy to just admire the paper pad since I bought it a few months ago, so it was more than time to cut into it. No stamps doesn't necessarily mean no ink, so I sponged some ink around the edges of the card base to match the already-done distressing of the book pages. It seems once I really get going with patterned papers, I don't want to stop, so I decorated the inside of the card as well.  


The sentiment is from a package of die cuts, to keep with the no-stamping theme. 
I do have a second card in mind with an entirely different way to avoid the use of stamps! 


Supplies: Stampin' Up naturals ivory cardstock, Graphic 45 Christmas Carol patterned paper, antique linen distress ink, Kaiser Craft Christmas Carol die cut, pop-dot tape

Pin It Now!

7 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

But OF COURSE we let the paper do the work when we can. Lovely Dickens papers, too!

Barbara Godden said...

Gorgeous card using the Dickens paper, which is beautiful. Fab. job and love the inside too. Thanks for playing along with Shopping Our Stash for the No Stamping challenge.

Chris Dring said...

You can never go wrong with G45 papers, because they do all the work for you! This is simply gorgeous!! Thanks for playing along at Shopping Our Stash!

Donna said...

Gorgeous Gorgeous Gorgeous!
Love how you've used that fabulous paper to make a no stamping card!
Thanks for joining the SHOPPING OUR STASH crew for our No Stamping challenge!

Chana Malkah said...

Very nicely done and so clean! Nice color integration and great composition. Thanks so much for sharing with us here at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana, DT

lauren bergold said...

oh WOW! what an amazing holiday card! perfect take on our "no stamping" theme at SHOPPING OUR STASH! ♥

Anonymous said...

I love all these vintage elements and of course the Dickens theme.