Friday, October 23, 2015

Zombie Time

Challenges are great if you feel like making something and don't have anything specific in mind. I've been thinking of playing along with CASology this week ever since I saw the current cue card. 



Zombies and Halloween... a perfect match. Seems more logical to me than Christmas moose, at least. (See earlier posts...) I was sure I had a great zombie digi, but it must be lost in the bowels of my computer. Then I remembered I had stamped a couple of zombies one day when I was on a playdate with Emily. I managed to wreck the first one trying to watercolour it, so used my backup all-green one. 



Love that big sentiment! But I decided to modify it to make it more zombie-specific. I coloured the outline letters of FEET with my new (!) black Wink of Stella marker, and coated EAT, the X and BRAINS! with my clear one. I went old-school and cut the right-hand side of the sentiment panel with a pair of deco scissors. I debated adding some splatters with a dark red mist (really, blood spatter is the best use of any red mists, must stop buying them) but went with this distressed patterned paper instead. I think I've kept it pretty CAS (clean and simple); I just hope it's not too PAB (plain and boring). 
And now I have way more Halloween cards than I need; but they're so much fun to make! 

Supplies: white & black cardstock, Echo Park The Apothecary Emporium patterned paper, My Favourite Things Trick or Treat stamps, My Favourite Things jellybean green & orange fizz inks, black & clear Wink of Stella markers, black Sharpie, aged mahogany distress marker, pop-dot tape

Pin It Now!

4 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Lindsey this is so fun, I love how you modified the sentiment! Thank you for playing with us this week at CASology!

Leslie Hanna said...

HAHAHA! I thought I was the only one who says "in the bowels of my computer"! #fistbump

And I've been waiting to see this sentiment for weeks! Thank you for scratching that itch.

Also, stealing "PAB (plain and boring)". I recently made one of those.

Emily Leiphart said...

So cute! This turned out perfectly!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Lindsey!! How cute!! Your zombie is cute! Thank you so much for playing us this week at CASology.