Thursday, October 22, 2015

Just Us Pumpkins

After being away for a few days, I decided to check out some challenges to see if there were any I wanted to try. My first stop was Just Us Girls, and I had my challenge! 



Halloween is coming up soon, and these colours are perfect. I was impressed to see some of the design team use them for non-Halloween projects, but I was happy to go seasonal: 


The jack-o-lantern is a Unity stamp I've had for years but never used, and the sentiment is  from a Michaels bin. I smushed three purple distress inks onto my craft mat (you know when I say that, I mean butcher paper, right?) and made the spooky background with watercolour paper. The front of the card is dry-embossed with cobwebs. As I was putting the card together, I felt it needed a bit more orange for balance, so I trimmed a ¼ inch from the front of the card and added a strip of patterned paper to the inside. 
Of course I managed to pick a challenge that's almost over, so I'd better go link this up... :D 

Supplies: Stampin' Up basic black cardstock, Strathmore watercolour paper, Pebbles Thirty-One patterned paper, Unity & Craft Smart stamps, Versafine onyx black & milled lavender, dusty concord & seedless preserves distress inks, Zing clear embossing powder, Tim Holtz/Sizzix cobwebs embossing folder, corner-rounding punch, pop-dot tape

Pin It Now!

3 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

For a moment there I thought that was pink. :D

And you need a real craft mat. It will change your life.

Dotty Jo said...

Boo to you too! Jo x

Chris Dring said...

This is all kinds of awesome! Love that inky purple panel and the pumpkin is adorable! Thanks for playing along at Just Us Girls!