Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Twelve Tags... Part Two


Good intentions notwithstanding, I'm sneaking in under the wire at Ellen Hutson's Twelve Tags of Christmas with a Feminine Twist challenge with only my second inspired tag. (Maybe I'll try the rest in January...) This time, I was inspired by Jennifer McGuire


I used Jennifer's tag design and her textured stencilling technique in making my tag. I finally used my burlap stencil that I had to have, but then didn't know how to use! I made my own tree stencil from a Lil' Inker die. I think I may have lost the "feminine twist" somewhere along the design route, but I'm female, and I made it, so that counts, right? 
And now back to Christmas shopping... ;)

Supplies: white cardstock, Basic Grey Aspen Frost patterned paper, Lil' Inker holly jolly die, evergreen bough distress ink, Tim Holtz burlap layering stencil, Studio Calico wood veneer,  Creative Memories corner-rounding punch, natural hemp twine, raffia

Pin It Now!

4 comments:

Becca Cruger said...

LOVE! That burlap stencil is divine!

Heather said...

Love the stencil and the colors. And who says that just because something is "blue" it isn't feminine? I think your tag looks perfect!

Jessi Fogan said...

LOL! I'm female & I made it, lol! I actually said something similar to a guy the other day - sorry, the card's kind of girly, but well, I'm a girl. lol! I love the colour on this, and WOOOHOO on using a die for a stencil! Must remember that tip!

Emily Leiphart said...

This is gorgeous, Linds! I love the colours and the stencilling is so cool. Merry Christmas to you and your family!