Friday, October 3, 2014

Thinking of You in Blue

I needed a sympathy card this week, and decided to make a few while I was in the *mood*, so to speak. This is one of them:



I started by making a mask with some scrap paper and a square punch. I used it to make the background with distress inks before stamping and embossing the Donna Downey flowers. The sentiment is also embossed. The fancy border is the edge of a Spellbinders borderabilities die that I've otherwise never used, but I like how it looks here. 
I'm joining in on today's Unity Friends with Flair blog hop. I'm also back tomorrow with the newest Snarky Stampers challenge... hope you'll come back! :) 

Supplies: white & navy card stock, Strathmore multimedia paper, Stampin' Up Beyond the Garden patterned paper, Unity Insightful Meadows & Tulips and Daisies stamps, stormy sky, tumbled glass, milled lavender & chipped sapphire distress inks, Zing clear embossing powder, Spellbinders Borderabilities tulips border die, 1¼" square punch

Pin It Now!

18 comments:

Rachel said...

Really beautiful card. The recipient will definitely appreciate it

Paula-Scrap Addict said...

so pretty, I love the soft colors in the squares

Mandi said...

love your card :)

Ruby said...

Beautiful card.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Nice job with the distress inks. It looks wonderful.

Heather said...

Gorgeous card. Sorry that it's for a sad occasion. Love the layout, the stamps and especially the colors...so serene. I might have to CASE this one (when I find my cardmaking stuff).

Chris Dring said...

This is such a jaw dropping card, Lindsey! Wow! How gorgeous!

Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

I have found that it is a good idea to have a few sympathy cards already made - makes it much easier
thanks for sharing

Barb Housner

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Such a lovely card! Your inking looks fabulous - love the soft, pretty colors!

Gaylynn said...

Wonderful technique. Lovely card and stamping, Lindsey. Thanks for sharing.

Cynthia said...

Lovely CAS design, Lindsey.

Crystal said...

Very pretty card! Love the silhouette flowers over the color blocks!

Sue D said...

Beautiful sympathy card!

JPScraps said...

Beautiful card! Love the masking technique and that great border.

ionabunny said...

Lovely card. A great sympathy card. Love the masked squares and the flower stamp. Hugz

Miwa said...

What a stunner! So pretty!

Jessi Fogan said...

That is perfect masking & inking - I love the colour transitions! And me too I had to make a sympathy card. Sucks. You never have quite the right one when you need it.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty, Lindsey, especially the soft blended colours in your squares.