Saturday, February 22, 2014

To Snark or Not to Snark

It's Saturday, and the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers is back! We were thrilled to see so many of you play along with our very first challenge. We are back with another great one for you! 



U is for Unused! Everybody has something unused, whether it's that stamp you had to have that has never seen ink, or that patterned paper that just seems too good to actually cut into. Well... the time has come. You can do it!
I have to admit... my unused supplies just weren't feeling very snarky this week. Also, I needed a sympathy card, and not for anybody who might appreciate a snarky one. Luckily, the sisters had been talking about this very issue, and we've decided that we will snark when necessary, but not necessarily snark. And so my card...



Let me tally the unused items... I have never used Neenah Solar White cardstock before. Oh my. So nice. If only there was a Canadian distributor, sigh. The flower stamp comes from an entirely unused set, while the sentiment is from another set where only one other stamp has been used before. And I think it should count that I hardly ever make one-layer cards. ;) 
Remember to check out what my sisters in snark have made... there's definitely a combination of snark and not. Then join us! We'll be nice... honest! 

Supplies: Neenah solar white 110 lb cardstock, Unity Insightful Meadows & Tulips and Daisies stamps, Peeled Paint distress ink, clear embossing powder

Pin It Now!

18 comments:

Barbara Godden said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Barbara Godden said...

Wonderful one layer card, fabulous stamp why would you not use it oh the same reason I haven`t used some of mine. too many stamps so little time. This is a beautiful sympathy card.

Chris Dring said...

Ooooh! Sooooo pretty, Lindsey! This is CAS perfection!

DonnaMundinger said...

Such a beautiful card. I find sympathy cards the hardest (so I generally don't make them, LOL). Good call on the lack of snark. Love the motto you came up with about that. xxD

Lynne Mizera said...

HOW could THAT flower stamp be UnUsed?!? I LOVE THIS CARD... the CAS desigh, the monochromatic in that perfect greee, the perfect sentiment ... How I WISH I could make cards like this... but that's why we have YOU... I am so COPYING...grin

Lynn's Place said...

beautiful card, well done..tfs

Donna said...

One layer cards are soooooooo hard!!! Yours is totally awesome!! Love it, love the green on the white!

Heather G said...

Wow!! This is so pretty. I wish my one-layer cards looked so 'put together.' I love the 'one-color' also. Maybe that adds to it's overall charm.

inkyfingy said...

Love the card, enjoying your site, and the concept for the SoSS...

Princess Judy Palmer said...

This is a very pretty card. I'm loving the color. I agree that you can't snark all the time. Just, you know, all those other times.

Darnell said...

This is really pretty, Lindsey, really perfect for a sympathy card and I'm sorry that you needed one. And WTG making a OLC!! Hugs, Darnell

Emily Leiphart said...

Beautiful one-layer card, Linds! I'm sorry you had a reason to make a sympathy card. I love the tone-on-tone sprigs against the sponged background. I never remember to do that!

Tameko said...

Lovely CAS card design...sometimes less is best!

Jessi Fogan said...

Absolutely gorgeous - that green is wonderfully elegant for a sympathy card. (Of course, now I'm envisioning a snarky sympathy card...hmmm....lol)

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you hadn't used that flower before. It's lovely as is the sentiment.
They work so well with that layout for a restful thoughtful card.
Heather T

Carol L said...

This card turned out to be serene, lovely and perfect for the occasion! Beautiful sponging and design!

Handmade in Israel said...

This is such a pretty card, even if it was needed for a sad occasion. Glad you got to use your various unused items.

Vee Cassidy said...

A beautiful card. Vee xx