Sunday, February 2, 2014

Love and Hearts ♥

Happy Sunday! I spent a little time this weekend being inspired by a number of challenges that helped me create a valentine for someone special. 



I pinned this valentine recently, and used it as the inspiration for my freestyle collage. I am really happy with all the different textures and shine. Here's a close-up that shows the textures better:



The large heart is misted through a die-cut stencil, while the striped heart stamp is heat-embossed. The sentiment is embossed on silver pearl paper, and I used the same paper to punch a few small hearts. I also die cut four medium-size hearts and hand-stitched them together with a little baker's twine. The wood veneer heart is double-heat-embossed in silver. (Thanks for that idea, Jessi!) 
Along with the pinned card, here are the challenges that also inspired me: 


Mama Elephant has this inspiration photo. I was inspired by the love theme and the gorgeous variety of textures. 









Simon Says Stamp's current challenge is Anything Goes with Twine or String. I'm still not willing to risk my ancient sewing machine, but I have wanted to stitch multiple shapes together, so this inspired me to finally try it. ;)







Addicted to CAS has the code word LOVE. I did say this card is for someone special.











Enjoy the rest of your day! I hear there's some kind of sporting event...? :D

Supplies: white & American Crafts textured red cardstock, silver pearl paper, vellum, patterned paper scraps, Mama Elephant Hello & Hero Arts Striped Heart stamps, Versamark ink, Ranger Emboss It dabber, silver & Ranger rich red embossing powder, QuicKutz nesting hearts dies, Tattered Angels Santa Baby glimmer mist, small heart punch, Paper Smooches peppermint twine, Studio Calico wood veneer heart, pop-dot tape

Pin It Now!

13 comments:

Jessi Fogan said...

This is so fabulously full of texture!! I want to touch it. Carefully, because of the white space & my fingers always being inky, but still! And watch out, embossing veneer is gonna get addictive :)

sandie said...

I love this card Lindsey, all the textures are just gorgeous and the placements of the different elements perfect, had to pin this, thanks for the insoiration and joining us at ATCAS

Chris Dring said...

O.M.G! OMG! OMG! OMG! Lindsey, this card is A.MAZ.ING!!! You are a genius, my friend! Love everything about it!

Heather G said...

Gorgeous. And so many great ideas. Love every bit of it...and I might have to try the veneer embossing. Thanks Jessi and Lindsey.
Hugs,
Heather

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...

A fabulous card Lindsey, a wonderful design and I love the variety of techniques and texture you've used!!

Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Heather xx

cheiron said...

Great card. I love the different textures of hearts. Thanks for playing along with us in the Anything Goes with twine or string challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week!

Emily Leiphart said...

This is gorgeous, Linds! I love the stamp layering, textures and stitching with twine. So very cool!

Wendy ten Hove said...

Oeh, yes, I surely also like all the textures and shiny details! So pretty! You really did an amazing job on the layout as well, love this!!
Hugs, Wendy

Anonymous said...

Loads of texture; the shiny red really pops and that little "heart booklet" is genious.

Heather T

Anonymous said...

Loads of texture; the shiny red really pops and that little "heart booklet" is genious.

Heather T

Jen W. said...

This rocks! Awesome freestyle collage that keeps to your CAS style. Love all the textures especially that embossed striped heart!

Isha Gupta said...

Love this card Linds. Gorgeous layers!