Friday, February 21, 2014

Classy and Fabulous

And at last it is Friday! I still haven't figured out how February manages to slow time down quite the way it does. But Friday it is, and I decided to make a card JUST FOR FUN, and link up to this week's Friends with Flair at Unity. 



Love this fun set. To me the dress just calls out to be paper-pieced, so I picked my paper first and the card developed from there. I also tried embossing with a metal die for the first time, and I think I'll be doing that again! I purposely cut out the sentiment asymmetrically because, let's face it, if I'd tried to be symmetrical, it wouldn't have worked anyway. ;) 
I'm hoping this will call back my creative mojo, which obviously migrated for the winter because I haven't seen it for the longest time. That hasn't stopped me from having a card ready for tomorrow's second Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers challenge, though. Come back and check it out! 

Supplies: white and yellow Bazzill textured cardstock, Memory Box Brioche patterned paper, Unity Undeniably You stamps, Memento Luxe gray flannel & Versamark ink, Zing clear, Wow ultra-fine white & Ranger rich red embossing powder, Hero Arts scalloped frame die, May Arts ribbon, pop-dot tape

Pin It Now!

19 comments:

Julie Odil said...

Looks like your mojo is in fine form! Very fun card.

Angeline Choo said...

I love that sentiment!! hehe

Waving My Wand said...

Love how you framed the dress. Love your colors too. Sweet card!

Cynthia said...

This is very sweet, Lindsey. Great colors and paper piecing with the sweet dressform.

Anonymous said...

I love your card. x

Kate said...

Great card and i just love that set :)
Kate xx

Chris Dring said...

Now I need to try that frame technique, cuz it looks soooo awesome! What a fantabulous card, Lindsey! I agree, that dress totally needed to be paper pieced!

Gaylynn said...

Gosh, this is CUTE. I like how you made the frame. :)

Gwen said...

Super cute! Love the frame outlining the dress form!

Jen M said...

I love this! That dress is one of my favorites to paper piece! It looks great in red. :)

Anonymous said...

If your creative mojo is gone then I can't wait to see what you do when you have it. This is lovely! Hugs~Patti

Heather G said...

Love this card and especially the colors. I did the metal die embossing by chance about a year ago when I tried to cut out AND emboss at the same time (always trying to take a shortcut). Have loved it ever since.

Donna K said...

Mojo is back in check…this is darling! Love the paper piecing and free hand cutting around your sentiment…fabulous!

Beejay said...

Love this card especially the colors - red and yellow are so vibrant!

JPScraps said...

Great card! It looks like your mojo came back!

Miwa said...

Gorgeous project! Love the embossing and paper piecing! Fab fab fab!!!

Emily Leiphart said...

This is beautiful, Linds! I love all the reds and would totally wear that dress. So pretty!

Jessi Fogan said...

I LOVE that dress! I would totally wear it, and I don't wear dresses :) Not sure I could pull off classy though ;)

Anonymous said...

Love the colour scheme and that superb sentiment!