Monday, December 16, 2013

12 Tags of Christmas with a Feminine Twist 2013 Challenge (Post 1 of 6)


This is not the first year I have admired the designers at Ellen Hutson as they celebrate the season with the 12 Tags of Christmas with a Feminine Twist. I was, however, a little surprised when I checked in on the challenge yesterday to discover the closing date is TONIGHT! I was determined to play along this year -- so yesterday and today I went to work and created tags for six of the 12 days. 
My first tag was inspired by this tag by Jennifer McGuire. I have few of the same supplies as Jennifer, but managed a fairly similar tag regardless.


I started by stamping and embossing the wreath on watercolour paper. Then, as Jennifer did, I outlined it with a distress marker and used a wet paintbrush to draw the colour out over the panel. I used the matching ink to stamp the snowflakes, stamping twice before reinking. That fun blue ribbon is actually a strip of material that my generous friend Jessi sent to me -- she mentioned it did fun things when heated, so I tried not to breathe in any fumes as I heated it with my heat gun and watched it crinkle. 
That's my first one... five more to show you! 

Supplies: blue & green cardstock, Canson 140 lb watercolour paper, Gourmet Rubber Stamps Circles of Christmas & Hero Arts Merry Reindeer stamps, Versamark & broken china distress inks, Personal Stamp Exchange verdigris embossing powder, broken china distress marker, cream ribbon, blue material

Pin It Now!

2 comments:

Jessi Fogan said...

OK, well, if you didn't breathe in any of the fumes, you missed like 90% of the fun. Party pooper. lol. It makes watching the crinkling even more fun! It's the perfect embellishment for this gorgeous tag - LOVE that technique with the wreath. Absolutely stunning!

Emily Leiphart said...

So beautiful! I love your watercoloured background and the crinkly ribbon!