Wednesday, September 18, 2013

CAS on Sunday -- Oh Baby

This week, CAS on Sunday is looking for baby cards. I just happen to have a couple! I don't have a lot of baby-specific stamps -- although I do have many cute animal stamps that can always be used -- and decided to try using one baby stamp on two very different cards.

I stamped the baby tag twice in blue on white, and stamped and embossed once in white on blue, picking up the two blue shades in the cute patterned paper. I cut the patterned paper specifically so one of the planes could pull my sentiment banner. 


This time I used the baby tag a little more traditionally, tying it to the card with some jute twine. The little rainbow baby footprints are clipart -- I really wanted footprints of some kind, but didn't have any! I like the non-traditional colours of this card. 



Supplies: (congrats) white & blue cardstock, Echo Park A Boy's Life patterned paper, Stampin' Up Terrific Tags and Pebbles, Inc. Sunny Side sentiment stamps, VersaMagic Aegean blue and Colorbox frost white inks, Wow white embossing powder, Stampin' Up small tag punch, Twinery marigold twine, pop-dot tape; (footprints) white cardstock, Basic Grey Wander patterned paper, Stampin' Up Terrific Tags stamp, clipart image, Memento bamboo leaves ink, Stampin' Up small tag punch, May Arts jute twine

Pin It Now!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, so cute. I especially like the second one with the vehicles; it is such cute paper and as you said not the traditional colour scheme.
Heather T

Jessi Fogan said...

That is just genius, having the plane pull the banner! Love that :) I am in the middle of a baby card marathon & I'm dying. I guess I am just babied out? Love those little rainbow feeties - I have an All Night Media stamp I got from Walmart about a million years ago, but I will keep my eyes open for someone else that makes one!

Unknown said...

I love the plane pulling the banner and the little baby feet!! Perfect for our challenge! Thanks so much for playing along at CAS on Sunday!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Love your baby cards - the tag is just the cutest! Very creative!

Emily Leiphart said...

These are adorable! I love the tags and the rainbow baby feet.

Shelly said...

Both cards are ADORABLE!! :) Thanks for playing with us at CAS on Sunday!

Anneke said...

Both beautiful cards! Thanks for taking part in the CAS on Sunday challenge!

anja curvers said...

I love both cards. Glad you joined us over at CAS on sunday.