Saturday, September 14, 2013

At the Bar

(Grr, computer issues! Apologies for the late post...)


Happy Saturday! This week the challenge at Drunken Stampers is a person... and what better person for us to pick than a bartender! If you don't have a stash of bartender stamps or images to choose from, you can also be inspired by drinks (an awesome way to be inspired) or a bar itself. Seemed only right that I make two projects for such a fitting theme:


I have always stamped this Keep Calm... stamp in a bright colour (usually red) and embossed it, so I wanted to try something a little different. I quite like the effect I got using various small ink pads and applying them directly to the stamp. I used the same colours to randomly stamp the side panel. 
I decided to also make a quick and simple tag for a bottle of wine I was taking to a friend's place:



A perfect sentiment from a Unity grab bag paired with a clocks background. Because, really, there IS always time for a glass of wine. ;) Not to mention an entire week to link up your bartender-drinks-bar creation with us! 


Supplies: (card) white, green & Stampin' Up almost amethyst textured cardstock, Market Street Stamps Keep Calm & Amber Ink Hope, Popcorn and Wine stamps, Memento rhubarb stalk, tangelo, dandelion, pear tart, Paris dusk & lulu lavender inks, pop-dot tape; (tag) Stampin' Up kraft cardstock, Hero Arts Time to Stamp & Unity sentiment stamps, Versamark & Stampin' Up real red inks, Papertrey Ink wine bottle tag die 

Pin It Now!

6 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Love both of the projects, fabulous job Lindsey!

Jessi Fogan said...

OMG, that background says 'hic hic'! I CAN'T STOP STARING AT ITS AWESOMENESS. You know I'm loving the rainbowey effect - and I also believe there is always time for wine. Always, always. It only takes a minute ;)

Donna said...

Great projects for this challenge Lindsey!!! Love the bright colours on the card and the tag is a perfect gift on a bottle of wine!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

FAB card-- love the background "Hic Hic"!! I am not one to drink/etc. so I didn't know what that meant until I read one of your comments! SO CLEVER! ANd I LOVE how you've mixed up the inks for the Keep Calm sentiment! WOW! FAB!

And that wine tag is super fun- perfect for a wine connoisseur (hopefully I've used that word correctly! LOL!)!

<3

Unknown said...

Omg what a cute bg...love the hic hic! lol The rainbow logo is perfect.

Emily Leiphart said...

Hey, I recognize that tag! The wine that came with it was excellent. ;) LOVE the rainbow stamping on the card as well as the hilarious paper!