Friday, January 4, 2013

2013 -- Friends with Flair!

But I'll warn you... there are Christmas cards ahead. :D
I missed playing along with Unity's Friday Friends with Flair the last few weeks of December, so thought I'd get in on the first for 2013. But yes, I'm also using the opportunity to post a few Christmas cards I made -- either I ran out of time to post them, or I didn't want to display them before they reached their destinations. Here goes...



You may remember I did a similar card for one of Unity's World Card Making Day challenges. This one was made with a particular family in mind -- note the penguin on the right? ;) 



Is this not one cute penguin? (Why, yes, I DO like penguins. :D) I gave him some scalloped snowdrifts to stand on and a patterned paper hat and sky. And since this is the first time he's seen ink, I'm adding him to Simon Says Stamp's New Something challenge. 



A glittery, silvery card using an image from an older Kit of the Month. I embossed the white panel then used a brayer to add Stickles. The ornaments are paper-pieced; the letters coloured with silver gel pen.



Finally, the card I made for my husb this year. (Shh, the sentiment is actually Paper Smooches, but works so well with this snowman I just couldn't resist.) 
Enjoy your Friday, and all the inspiration from Friends with Flair


      

Supplies: (penguins) white & Stampin' Up real red cardstock, Unity/Jillibean Soup Christmas Eve Chowder, Memories black, Versamark & Stampin' Up real red inks, clear embossing powder, Sharpies, Spellbinders reverse wonky rectangles & ribbon tag dies, frosted lace Stickles, ribbon, pop-dot tape; (you're cool) white cardstock, Amber Ink digital ipaper, Unity/Bella Blvd you're cool itty bitty, Brilliance graphite black, Colorbox frost white & Memento teal zeal & rhubarb stalk inks, clear & white embossing powder, Stampin' Up scallop border punch, dimensionals; (happy holidays) white & Stampin' Up real red cardstock, silver pearl paper, Unity October 2010 Kit of the Month (take time to laugh), Colorbox frost white ink, white embossing powder, Cuttlebug snowflake embossing folder, icicle Stickles, silver gel pen, May Arts ribbon, pop-dot tape; (snowman) white, green & Stampin' Up real red cardstock, Echo Park Holly Jolly patterned paper, Unity November 2011 Kit of the Month (Take Your Time), Paper Smooches warm hearts, Memento tuxedo black, Versafine onyx black & Colorbox frost white inks, clear & white embossing powder, Prismacolor pencils, small heart punch, corner-rounding punch, frosted lace & icicle Stickles, Glossy Accents, ruby red Liquid Pearls, pop-dot tape

Pin It Now!

30 comments:

michib said...

Great cards!! love the penguin on the right - so cute!!!

Tracy said...

Woohooo loving the all..adore the one with all the sparkle!
Happy New year.xxx

Jen W. said...

These are awesome! Love that cute little penguin family in the first one and the way you attached the sentiment. The third one uses my favourite Unity holiday stamp. And brayering Stickles? Never would have thought of that!

Paula-Scrap Addict said...

cuteness! I like em all :-)

Ruby said...

All of the cards are so cute. Did you send them out or keep them like I do.

kdgowdy said...

You were busy! Love all your cards...the upside down penguin cracks me up...LOVE that set!

Crystal said...

What a fantastic bunch of cards!

Jen M said...

Super cards! That upside down penguin cracked me up!

Donelda said...

Hey Lindsey ... one can never get enough Christmas cards!! I guess the penguin thing explains your "endless amusement..." gadget on your bloe LOL! Great idea to do the scalloped snow banks!!

Marilyn Nimmo said...

Beautiful cards. Those penguins are quite adorable.

Diana Fernandez said...

Super cute cards! I love all the penguins!

Carol L said...

NJ on each of your cards! I'm loving those penguins and especially the roly poly snowman :)

Gwen said...

Super cute Christmas cards, love them all, the penguins are so adorable!

Angeline Choo said...

It's never too late for Christmas cards! Gorgeous cards! Love the upside down penguin hehe

Karen (karey2005) said...

Great cards. I love those penguins too!

Julie Odil said...

I love penguins, too. That first card is hysterical! I laughed and laughed at that one!

Diana Evensen said...

The red card with the penguin family is my favorite - especially the little guy on the right!

Emily Keaton said...

I love those penguins best! Too cute :-)

Sue D said...

FAbulous cards--love the penguins.

Chris Dring said...

Your cards are all just too stinkin' adorable!

Unknown said...

Well, you sure made up for missing FWF with all this super sweet projects! Totally dig the silly penguin in the first card...not quite like the rest! He made me chuckle!

Anita Rex said...

Super cute holiday cards Lindsey! I think you like penguins, but who doesn't? :>

Jessi Fogan said...

Me TOO I love penguins :) And that first card, with the upside down penguin? That would be me, if that was my family :) So I love that one best!
Such total awesomeness :) That snowman is adorable (love the gloss on the hearts!) and the sparkle on the embossed background is stunning!

Ava Gavloski said...

great selection of cards.
ava g

Karenladd said...

Love all your cards...so fun! That penguin is adorable!

cinmfoster said...

Fabulous cards. The last is my favorite and you're richt that sentiment goes so well with that stamp.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Fantastic group of holiday cards!

jennifer mitten said...

All of your cards are absolutely adorable!

Emily Leiphart said...

These are fabulous! I love how there's an upside down penguin on the first one. I had to do a double take to make sure. Haha! And I recognize a certain little man's card, too! :D

cheiron said...

These are all fabulous! Love that 2nd little penguin, he is VERY cute. Thanks for playing along with the Something New Challenge over at the Simon Says Challenge Blog this week!