Friday, November 16, 2012

Turkey Time


In my brain, Thanksgiving is long gone. But for our neighbours (note the Canadian spelling...) to the south, it's next week! So in honour (yep, that spelling again!), a Thanksgiving card today.



This is the first Thanksgiving card I've ever made, so not surprisingly, I have very few true Thanksgiving stamps. But I have this cute little turkey! And you can't go wrong with a Dickens quotation. (Although I have to admit, I haven't been able to find the original source for this quote, so I hope it's *real*.) See the three colours of twine? I won spools of these three recently from the Twinery! :D 
It's another Friday, so I'm joining the fun at Unity Friends with Flair. Since it's a Thanksgiving card, I think it qualifies for Unity's fall-themed challenge. I'm also linking up to Simon Says Stamp's current challenge for Thanksgiving or thank you cards, as well as this wek's CASology challenge, where the cue word is "thanks". And to all my American friends... an early Happy Thanksgiving! 








Supplies: Stampin' Up naturals ivory & kraft cardstock, Unity September 2011 Kit of the Month (All Seasons) stamps, Memento dandelion & tangelo & Brilliance coffee bean inks, clear embossing powder, Sharpies, Twinery lemondrop, mandarin & cappuccino twine, pop-dot tape
   Pin It Now!

23 comments:

Ardyth said...

Looks like a great first Thanksgiving card to me! I love how the sentiment is in the place of the address, so that the front of the card looks a bit like an envelope with postmarks (maybe it got redirected a few times!) and the adorable stamp! Thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week!

Crystal said...

Very cute card, I love how it looks like an envelope!

Ruby said...

Very cute. I like CAS cards.

Tracy said...

Love everything from the stamps to the twine...xoox

Noelle Reese said...

What a darling card! I love it!!

JPScraps said...

Great CAS card! And it is a real quote.

Paula-Scrap Addict said...

lol I thought the card was an envelope! love the touch of twine :-)

Carol L said...

For this being your first Thanksgiving card, it sure looks great! I love all the postage marks and that turkey stamp looks so cute! NJ!

LauraJane:) said...

Well Done!

Emily H said...

Oh wow! This is awesome!

Meredith said...

"Thanks" to you, too! Love the turkey, and the sentiment is great!

Cheryl First said...

Super sweet, Lindsey!
((HUGS))
Cheryl First
aka Cafexpressions

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

You totally rocked this turkey card!

Melissa said...

This is one fabulous Thanksgiving card! Love the turkey postage stamp and the overall design makes me smile! :) Thanks so much for joining us at CASology!

Jocelyn Olson said...

I don't think I've ever made a Thanksgiving card either. I love the cute little turkey stamp. The way you stamped and stamped off the postage cancellation is really cool. I may have to CASE you on that. ;) Great card, Linds!

Jessi Fogan said...

Love it! At least the quote is plausibly real...unlike Lincoln's internet quote, which to this day appears to slip past a far too great number of folks ;)
Love that fun little turkey!

Rosemary said...

what a fantastic thank you card... the little turkey stamp is too cute!! thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Glenda J said...

Fantastic! Love the background, the colours, saying and the turkey image.

Julie Odil said...

Great card! Thanks for thinking of us down south!

Michelle said...

Brest card. Such great colors!!

Wendy ten Hove said...

Oh, loove this one! Fun card! Love all the stamps in the background.
Hugs, Wendy

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

What a fun card--I LOVE that turkey! SO CUTE! I don't think I knew you were from Canada! Interesting--I learn something new everyday:)

Happy Thanksgiving:) <3

Beejay said...

Super cute Thanksgiving card!