Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Christmas Sweaters

Back when I posted this card (the second one; scroll down), I actually had comments referring to the "ugly" sweater my little reindeer was wearing! Poor reindeer, he was so offended! I hope today's little guy isn't so harshly treated. :P 



This is for Hero Arts' November contest, and I'm happy to say I worked all three of the contest themes into the card. Bling -- I used snowflake embossing tinsel on the reindeer's HANDSOME sweater, twinkling H2Os (with some salt) to create the snowy sky background, and glittery brads to embellish the sentiment banner. Colour -- the red, olive and blue represent three of the colour challenge colours. Dry embossing -- the snowflake panel. I'm also throwing this into the first Addicted to CAS challenge, where the code word is 'snow'.  And, of course, Simon Says Stamp's 'Anything Goes' challenge. 
I do like these happy sweatered reindeer! :D 





Supplies: white & Stampin' Up real red & old olive cardstock, watercolour paper, Hero Arts Reindeer Joy & Get Merry! stamps, Versamark, Versafine onyx black & Stampin' Up real red inks, clear & Ranger rich red embossing powders, Ranger snowflake embossing tinsel, Cuttlebug snowflake embossing folder, Twinkling H2Os, Prismacolor pencils, Queen & Co. brads, pop-dot tape

Pin It Now!

12 comments:

Jessi Fogan said...

Aren't most Christmas sweaters supposed to be, well, tacky? Obviously just most, because I would totally wear this green snowflaky sweater! HOW COOL IS THAT SALTED SKY? I love that! Does it sparkle too?? Love the layout & the way you've made the sky inside the negative (it's early, forgive my lack of coherence...hopefully you know what I mean :P)

Kylie said...

Well I love the reindeer's jumper (sweater). I think he looks very handsome! Your card is terrific! I love all your snow and the layout is awesome! Thanks so much for playing along in our first challenge at ATCAS! xx

Jen W. said...

I said it was a silly sweater, not an ugly one! And yes, he looks very handsome in his green one. :) Love that snowy sky you created with the H2Os and salt. Really cool!

Lisa Arana said...

Ugly sweater? No way, he is adorable in his sweaters!!!

How cool is that salt trick! I just adore this card.

Sue said...

Hi Lindsey, I like your reindeer in his jumper, very cute and its great how you created the snowy background. Thank you for joining us at the first ATCAS challenge. Sue x

Emily Leiphart said...

Ugly? Never! I'm loving all the intricate details on this card, Linds!

Anonymous said...

Ugly is a bit harsh isn't it? Reindeers in sweaters maybe a little odd perhaps but definitely cute and the fact that they are patterned Christmas sweaters is very cute!
Heather

stressfreestamping said...

I don't think his sweater is ugly at all! I have seen plenty of ugly Christmas sweaters and this is not one of them. lol I love the salted sky. That is so cool! Thanks for playing at ATCAS this week!

Glenda J said...

Absolutely adorable! I love the layout and the fabulous texture and blue snowy background. Great job!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Are you kidding me??? UGLY Sweaters??? I hope I didn't say anything about it! I love his sweater!!! LOVE that little reindeer!

Mandy said...

Gorgeous CAS card Lindsey, super cute reindeer and I love the white embossing.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs Mandy xx

Anonymous said...

Reindeer can't spend all their time playing doctor in the snow. This Fair Isle Sweater Dress is one of our tamer offerings, with white reindeer grazing contentedly on a bright red background.
Men Christmas Sweaters