Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Last of the Christmas Posts?

Before we get too far into January, I wanted to share some fabulous (mostly) Christmas cards I received from some very talented friends. These are more or less in the order I received them.



Back in November, Kary celebrated her birthday by giving away stamps sets on her blog! And I won two lovely sets! When Kary sent them (from Malaysia!) she included this lovely card. One of the best things about this beautiful card is that it confirms that I have no need to invest in Copic markers... I could never come close to this level of gorgeous colouring! This also turned out to be the first Christmas card we received this season.



I guess I've been on a bit of a winning streak, as I also won some fun stamp sets from Angela in November. She sent them along with some extra goodies and this great card, which was perfect to receive on a gray and gloomy late fall day. 



But then Angela sent me this beautiful Christmas card a few weeks later! I love the more vintage-y feel of this design with its rich warm colours. 




My friend Amanda knows I love me some Mickey, so she sent this amazing card to me. Do they not look perfectly festive in red? (Fun coincidence: my husb had already bought my Christmas card, featuring... die-cut Mickey and Minnie under the mistletoe!)




I do like Emily's clean and simple (CAS) style -- and playdates at her house where she lets me use all her awesome stuff! (I don't think I'll be getting her out of the city any time soon to return the favour. Besides, she has way better toys. ) My photograph doesn't do justice to the glittery green felt she used for this sweet Christmas tree. Emily does a much better job displaying it here




A Stampin' Up demo that sends her customers Christmas cards? How awesome is that? Of course, Grace knows what she's doing, since she used beautiful SU products, most of which I don't have. 




It takes a while for an angry red bird to fly from the States up here to Canada (so many pigs along the way, I'm sure) but wow, it was worth the wait to see this card from Meg in person! Every little detail is perfect, right down to the shimmery Santa hat!


Thanks for making it through this long post -- I think these awesome cards make it all worthwhile, though. 



Pin It Now!

7 comments:

Kelley Eubanks said...

Hey Lindsey.... I have meaning to email you and when I saw your post... I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to tell you.... THANK YOU for my Christmas card. That was so very sweet and a great surprise. The card is just beautiful. Thank you for thinking of me! :) I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

Angela said...

Aw, what great RAKs! (the other ones, I mean, not necessarily mine!) Your stampy friends know you well. The coloring on that first card is amazing, and Meg's card is just too perfect for you :)

Emily Leiphart said...

Oohhh, such awesome eye candy, Linds! I love them all. You've reminded me that I haven't posted my CRAKs yet, although at this point I might not even have time since they haven't even been photographed. LOL

Meg said...

Wowzers...do you have some talented friends or what?!? I was definitely fooled; I thought the first card must have been some sort of sticker or digital image!

Mickey and Minnie mistletoe? Yes, please!

Kary said...

Hi Lindsey! These are awesome cards!! Love them all!! The Angry bird card is SO adorable!! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year!! {hugs}

Karin said...

Great cards from some talented friends!

Jen W. said...

Awesome RAKs! That angry bird card is brilliant!