Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Play Date Café Challenge #59

Another last-minute card for a challenge... this time for The Play Date Café colour challenge of light blue, darker blue and purple. Colour challenges are, well, CHALLENGING for me! I finally came up with an idea last night instead of sleeping. Here's how it turned out:


This is a variation on a card I did for one of Splitcoast Stampers Hope You Can Cling To challenges. This time I remembered to give my two little squirrels a moon to skate under, masking with a crescent of a post-it note and a torn edge of scrap cardstock. I also used an oval mask to sponge the edge of the skating pond. The squirrels dressed in their new purple sweaters so they would qualify for the challenge. Next time, I think I'll go back to red squirrels, but I thought gray squirrels were more likely to wear purple. Or something.

Supplies: white & blue cardstock, Squirrel Capades stamp by A Muse, ColorIt gilding pad, Brilliance graphite black & pearlescent sky blue inks, Prismacolor pencils, dimensionals Pin It Now!

4 comments:

Emily Leiphart said...

I love your squirrel capades, Lindsey! Look how cute they are in their purple sweaters and blue sky. The masked moon and skating rink are fabulous. You did wonderfully for this colour challenge!

Angela said...

Aw, Linds, those squirrels are adorable! I love the scene you set up for them too -- chilly and cozy, all at once!

Awesome job!

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

I am all for last minute :>) Especially when it is cute!
Check out my blog today...happy news for YOU!!!

Beebeebabs said...

Soooo cute thanks for sharing!!