Tuesday, December 7, 2010

OLW31 and... Cookies!

Susan Raihala's current one layer card challenge is to create a card that highlights the technique or product that first got you hooked on stamping. You can read all about it here. Well for me, that's heat embossing. Many people seem to outgrow their need to emboss everything. Me, not so much. So here's my one-layer, golden take on the challenge:


I don't buy a lot of Stampin' Up stamps, but Christmas Postcard called out to me. Happens once in awhile.
And in other news... the Christmas baking has begun.



Pecan shortbread... as long as these get made first, I'm pretty much free to make whatever I want after that.

Supplies: cream cs, SU Christmas Postcard stamp, Versamark ink, gold ep, red watercolour marker Pin It Now!

6 comments:

Angela said...

Ooh, fun! Embossing was one of my early hooks, too -- it seemed so magical! Still does :)

Love that stamp done so simply -- great job.

Your cookies look so yummy! I gotta get in the kitchen.

Janelle said...

Beautiful embossing... elegant card... yummy-looking cookies. Love this time of year!

Deborah Frings said...

Hi, Welcome to blogging!! It's great fun and quite addictive :)

I really love your OLW card - very elegant and beautifully coloured. Heat embossing is what got me hooked and I love it still. The cookies look delicious!

Carol said...

Amazing how heat embossing got soooo many of us started! But, let's face it....it can't get any easier than embossing to make a beautiful, elegant card such as yours!

Emily Leiphart said...

OMG, Lindsey, can you ship me a tin of those cookies?! ;) I'm glad you're still hooked on heat embossing because you do it SO well. Your card is simply beautiful!

Meg said...

You're never too old for heat embossing! I still call my husband in to "see the magic happen" sometimes. ;)

I love how fabulous that gold embossing looks...just perfect for a festive one-layer card. And I love how fabulous those pecan shortbread cookies look--yummy!!!