Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas Fun with AmberINK

Did you see me catch that flaming torch from Angela without even singeing my eyebrows? I thought it would be fitting to CASE one of her cards for my first official torchbearer project:


I really liked the look of this holly image paired with the red snowflake lace iPaper. I decided to pretend the greenery was mistletoe, so I left the berries white. :P A little green cardstock, a couple of dimensionals for the holly panel, a little peapod baker's twine from the Twinery, and done.
Then I decided I wanted to play with my recent AmberINK blog hop winnings! I had fun making a gift bag for AmberINK's recent challenge, so I decided to make another one:


The images are from Fish Wishes, which is a great set to use beyond Christmas, too. The images are coloured with Prismacolor pencils with a little baby oil for blending, and then backed with some light blue cardstock from my stash. (I'll try for a better pic if we see some sun later...)
Thus ends my first official Torchbearing post! Stay tuned... a new INKredible 21-Day challenge starts next week!
Supplies: (card) white & green cs, Tis the Season to be Pretty Holly Bunch, Red Snowflake Lace iPaper, watercolour pencils, Twinery peapod baker's twine, dimensionals; (gift bag) bag, white & blue cs, Best Fishes Lure the Tree, Holiday Fishes & Puffy Santa, Prismacolor pencils, baby oil,  eyelet, raffia Pin It Now!

10 comments:

Karin said...

Awesome projects :) I think my favorite thing is that tiny little fish tag on the bag! I love him in that little hat!

Angela said...

Way to hit the ground running, Lindsey! Love today's projects, and I'm honored to be cased :)
Love your coloring on the bag, too -- so festive!

Meg said...

Beautiful card! The twine and paper make a great background!

The bag is too cute! Love the coordinating tag, too!

Awesome first torchbearer project!

Amber Alvarez said...

The tag and the bag is so so fun! I love the way the twine adds to that sophisticated card, and shouldn't all greenery be mistletoe? Muah.

Emily Leiphart said...

Woot Woot! You are really rockin' that Torch, Lindsey! I love that you cased Ang's card but not completely. You put your own great CAS spin on it! The holiday fish bag is fantastic and I'll bet some little kid in your family is going to love it!! ;D

Pam said...

Now I know what CASE means! I looked at that card and thought I was seeing double - both yours and Angela's are stunners! One of the reasons I love digis is because you can change sizes or flip them. Love what you did with the bag!

wendyp said...

Two of my favorite sets!!! Beautiful job on both the card and the bag!

Milliesmarvels said...

Fab! The card is stunning and I love that bag!
Jane
x

Alyssa S said...

So cute! Love the easy and beautiful Xmas card! Your gift bag is perfect too! I always forget to make these...gonna have to save this to my inspiration file so I remember! :o)

Cheryl First said...

Lovin' them both! Nice job!